Yes!!!!!

rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
Just got this about a minute ago:

"Dear Richard : Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that you have passed the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) examination - the first step in becoming certified as a CISSP."

I'm speachless!

-Richard
CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS

Comments

• JaneS.JaneS. Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! When did you take your test? I took mine on March 20th and I’m still waiting....
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    March 19th. I have a feeling the March exams are going to start coming in now.
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
    I just got my results, I passed too!
    Congrats!
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats to both of you!!! :)
  • blackholeblackhole Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes !!!!!!! congratulations JaneS. and rwmidl
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Yes, congratulations to you both on passing the CISSP exam! icon_cheers.gif
  • blackholeblackhole Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    and now there are three ..... I got mine too
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    blackhole wrote: »
    and now there are three ..... I got mine too

OK, you too! icon_lol.gif

Congratulations on passing the CISSP exam! icon_cheers.gif
  • holysheetmanholysheetman Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    got my results back today (taken on March 12) and I failed, apparantly I suck in 3 areas... so will be re-testing June 5th here in St Louis.

Congrats to you!
  • famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    Congrats to all and good luck sheetman!

I passed as well. I saw your post on cccure rw :). I can't access techexams from work.
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)
  • Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats to you all.
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Member Posts: 0 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jayc71jayc71 Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, AWS Security - Specialty, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, my head hurts.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations, it sounds like you're starting your week off right. icon_thumright.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great going people!

holysheetman, hang in there and nail that sucker, next time!icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Congrats..... i pray that I passed. I took my exam in Atlanta this past weekend April 2. Hopefully I will know in the next couple of weeks.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
    got my results back today (taken on March 12) and I failed, apparantly I suck in 3 areas... so will be re-testing June 5th here in St Louis.

Congrats to you!

Take a few days off, clear your head and jump back on that! What materials did you use to study last time? What is your background? Focus on those three areas but don't forget about the 7 other domains as well. You can do it!
  • TrainingDazeTrainingDaze Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome news, congratulations!
  • jdchildersjdchilders Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • holysheetmanholysheetman Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    rwmidl wrote: »
    Take a few days off, clear your head and jump back on that! What materials did you use to study last time? What is your background? Focus on those three areas but don't forget about the 7 other domains as well. You can do it!

shon harris 4th edition all in one.
    VTE video training
    Skillsoft (my company provided this)
    lots of practice test online.

My worst area (said I got a 10 in) was Physical Security which is shocking to me.
    Got an 8 in Access Control
    Got a 7 in OpSEC.

Other areas were 1's, 2's, 3's.

For those that don't know, ISC2 gives you a results if you fail that shows a scale of 1-10 and 10 being the worse / weakest domain, 1 being your strongest area.
    HSM:
    I used the Transcender flash cards and Practice tests. The practice tests don't just give you the right answer but also tell you why all the other answers were wrong. I like Transcender better than CCcure, but that is only my opinion. Good luck with your studies.
    If you haven't done so, I'd suggest heading over to cccure.org. Check out the forums there. Also if you can, spend the $20-30 for the paid test engine. Take the hard/hardest level questions. They will challenge your knowledge and give you a good idea if you need to beef up on anything.
  • ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
    If you haven't done so, I'd suggest heading over to cccure.org. Check out the forums there. Also if you can, spend the $20-30 for the paid test engine. Take the hard/hardest level questions. They will challenge your knowledge and give you a good idea if you need to beef up on anything.

Congratulations and thanks for all of the sound advice. I will be studying for CISSP in a few months, so it's encouraging to see other people pass the exam.

To everyone else that passed - congratulations!
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.
    ipchain wrote: »
    Congratulations and thanks for all of the sound advice. I will be studying for CISSP in a few months, so it's encouraging to see other people pass the exam.

To everyone else that passed - congratulations!

Thanks! I really believe you need to have a few years experience in some of the domains to really help you understand the material and to pass it. A few things that will help you study/choose study materials:

1. Read JD's blog post regarding his prep for the CISSP.
    2. Head over and sign up at cccure.org as well as their test site. The test site costs $20-30, and I really think it's worth it. Also read the forums over at cccure.org - people list out their study plans so that may help guide you.
    3. I used the Shon Harris AIO 5th edition. Some people use the ISC(2) CISSP study guide. This will probably be a personal preference as there are pros and cons for each.
    4. I used the CISSP for Dummies. Not sure how much it really helped me, but it did make some things a bit easier to understand (for me, crypto).
    5. There are some practice tests you can purchase from ISC(2) - studISCope. They are pricey (about $100 a pop) but it kind of gives you an idea on how the questions might be on the actual test. They are retired/very old questions. If you can, I'd at least purchase one of the tests to help you prep.

I'm sure you've read by now, it's no easy test. There is quite a bit of material you could be asked questions on, so you have to prepare for anything and everything. On top of that, it's a 6 hour test. So it's a physical endurance test as well as a mental one.

-Richard
  • cabrillo24cabrillo24 Member Posts: 137
    shon harris 4th edition all in one.
    VTE video training
    Skillsoft (my company provided this)
    lots of practice test online.

My worst area (said I got a 10 in) was Physical Security which is shocking to me.
    Got an 8 in Access Control
    Got a 7 in OpSEC.

Other areas were 1's, 2's, 3's.

For those that don't know, ISC2 gives you a results if you fail that shows a scale of 1-10 and 10 being the worse / weakest domain, 1 being your strongest area.

Even though ISC2 will never release this information, someone was able to create a pattern (based off failures)

And I quote:

"There are 5 domains that are VERY important as far as the exam is concerned. They are:

Information Security and Risk management
    Access Control
    Security Architecture
    Telecommunication and Network Security
    BCP and DRP "

cissp CISSP training Certified Information Systems Security Professional - Access Denied
    Next Up...
    CCNA: Security (210-260)
    Date: TBD
  • mrowtonmrowton Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats rwmidl, great job!
  • ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
    Thanks! I really believe you need to have a few years experience in some of the domains to really help you understand the material and to pass it. A few things that will help you study/choose study materials:

1. Read JD's blog post regarding his prep for the CISSP.
    2. Head over and sign up at cccure.org as well as their test site. The test site costs $20-30, and I really think it's worth it. Also read the forums over at cccure.org - people list out their study plans so that may help guide you.
    3. I used the Shon Harris AIO 5th edition. Some people use the ISC(2) CISSP study guide. This will probably be a personal preference as there are pros and cons for each.
    4. I used the CISSP for Dummies. Not sure how much it really helped me, but it did make some things a bit easier to understand (for me, crypto).
    5. There are some practice tests you can purchase from ISC(2) - studISCope. They are pricey (about $100 a pop) but it kind of gives you an idea on how the questions might be on the actual test. They are retired/very old questions. If you can, I'd at least purchase one of the tests to help you prep.

I'm sure you've read by now, it's no easy test. There is quite a bit of material you could be asked questions on, so you have to prepare for anything and everything. On top of that, it's a 6 hour test. So it's a physical endurance test as well as a mental one.

-Richard

Thanks for the sound advice once again, Richard.

I am planning to sit for the CISSP by year end, so I got plenty of time to study for it and get a few other things done as well.

As for your recommendations...here is what I have done thus far.

1. Read JD's blog post regarding his prep for the CISSP. - Done, excellent resource!

- I will be checking cccure.org out in a few months, haven't looked at it yet.

3. I used the Shon Harris AIO 5th edition. Some people use the ISC(2) CISSP study guide. This will probably be a personal preference as there are pros and cons for each. - Done, I already bought this book.

Thanks for the tip. I will order it from amazon along with my other books for this semester.

- I don't know whether I will find any value in going over retired/very old questions, so I am probably going to purchase something from Transcender or Preplogic.

Thanks once again, and good luck!
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.
    On the practice tests from ISC(2) - to me they were like the two practice tests you get from GIAC when you sign up for one of their tests. It gives you (ok gave me) a general idea on "how" ISC(2) phrased their questions - whereas GIAC and the like or more "technical" ISC(2) is more from a "management" perspective. So if you have more of a tech background (like 99% of the people on here) you have to switch gears a bit when it comes to ISC(2).

Off the top of my head I only know of one person on here (Hustlinmoe) who has used the practice tests. If you go back a few months to his post/recap of the CISSP he does talk about them (JD asks him some questions about it). So you might want to use that in your decision making.

I do think the top 3-4 things that can/will help you are (IMHO):

1. EXPERIENCE (no substitution for that)
    2. Shon Harris book
    3. CCCure.org (pay the $30 or whatever for full access to the test bank)
    4. Lesser exten CISSP for Dummies (I guess you could substitute the ISC(2) CISSP Study Guide here).

Oh one more thing, I had access to the Transcender questions thanks to the class I took. I hardly used them (I used the cccure.org question bank, Shon Harris cd and the Dummies cd some too).