Options

FAILED OS

teenu0427teenu0427 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
HELLO today i failed my os exam i feel bad. icon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gif

i dont know it was hard though cauz i got the hardest question not sure.

if i can put my question i can and if someone can help me with it.

Comments

• Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    You should have gotten a breakdown of areas that you did well in, and areas that need improvemnt. Go off that.

Dont be hard on yourself! Most people think that "gee, I have been tinkering with computers for so long, that this shoudl be a breeze" Wrong icon_lol.gif

How often in your tinkering did you care about IRQ;s and memory addresses? That really hasnt been a concern since the inception of plug and play.

I took my A+ almost 10 years ago, plug and play was on the horizon, so we had to know about IRQ's, DMA, mem spaces, etc, to do our jobs, so it wasnt a complete blindside, but it still wasnt easy icon_wink.gif
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    thanks .

do you know the date before the A+ is changing?
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    You can stay up to date on A+ news here, http://www.comptia.org/certification/a/default.aspx

If CompTIA is going to update an exam, they generally give you plenty of advanced warning. Seems like they announce an exam upgrade around 3 to 6 months before they do it, and they generally introduce a beta version for trial before they release the real thing.

You should have plenty of time.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    travisl1211travisl1211 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I felt so bad after I fell the OS part of the exame that I didn't even want to take it again. But, with a little self encouagement I got right back in the game. Try, to do as many test simulations that you possibly can, because reading does not do alot for me, but some find it easy to study by reading the material, but what good does it do u when you read alot of the wrong stuff. So, just study with the simulation test questions and try to see what part of the objectives you need improvment in and that should be enough. Read the one you get wrong and the explanation which should provide enogh support. I take it on 8/22/2005, and will keep it posted.
  • Options
    thats when my exam taking 8/22/05
    tomorow good luck

egal