Ccee

ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
Anyone working on the CCEE?

I was a little irritated with Citrix a few years back over the requirement for Silver partners having a CCEA and said I would never do it again, but in my new position a CCEE has possibilities.

XenServer exposure will be a problem, but I think I have everything else covered.
Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete

Comments

• MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've been considering it, though I need more XenApp experience. I haven't worked with it recently, which is a problem since two entire exams are focused on it.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    I've been studying this on and off for the last couple of months, more off than on if I am honest icon_redface.gif

My company bought the CCEE e-learning course a while ago for me so I am working through this. I plan to push hard over the next month and get this out of the way.

I have some XenServer, a fair amount of PvS and XenDesktop and years of XenApp experience (although I really need to brush up across the board).
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Someone gave me the course books for CVE-400-1 Engineering a Citrix Virtualization Solution so i'm probably going to start on the CCEE soon.
    Andy

ajs1976 wrote: »
    Someone gave me the course books for CVE-400-1 Engineering a Citrix Virtualization Solution so i'm probably going to start on the CCEE soon.

One of the guys in the office was also given a copy of the courseware, where as I have the on-line e-learning course. We have looked through each others icon_twisted.gif and came to the same conclusion .... if we had paid for the class room course we would have been asking for our money back.

The courseware seems to contain a lot of things that you will already know (even more so if you have just worked though the CCAs and CCAA), would have guessed to be the case but little in the way of detailed information. The e-learning provides access to Toolwires' lab environment so is great for learning in your own time and a little experimentation if you have the time icon_wink.gif The content is the same, just presented in a different format which has been frustrating at times.

I am in the process of going over good old CBT Nuggets for XenApp 5 just to bring it all to the front of my mind. I was going to sit the exam this week but work has blown that plan clean out of the water. I think next week it looking good for round one with this one.
    I managed hurt my back a couple of weeks ago so has prevented me form both studying and actually sitting down long enough that I could take this 4 hour marathon. However, I am now booked for Thursday and if I can sit long enough I might get some last minute cramming in before then icon_rolleyes.gif

I'll let you know how I fair after then.
    Good luck!!
    MentholMoose
    good luck
    Andy

good luck
    Good luck!!

Thanks to you both, this has been like a brick wall for me. I am glad that I took a shot at it, I could not have waited any longer. Months of study have gone into this day icon_rolleyes.gif

Well the exam was far more straight forward than I expected icon_cheers.gif

Section one, the simulations was far easier than I had anticipated, so much so I kept re-reading to make sure there was nothing I had missed. Fear not this section all who seek this exam icon_cool.gif

Section two, the regular Q and A was what I was expecting, some drag and drop and some checkout this image and answer the question stuff. I'd say you need to know your stuff here and ensure you know all those best practises.

In terms of content I would say that anyone that has/is working with XenApp, Provisioning Server and XenDesktop will find it easy enough. However, I was surprised to on the number of XenServer and even XenConvert questions thrown in. Other Citrix products do get a look in, they are mentioned from time to time but the big hitters are those covered in CVE-400 (as you would expect).

I had ample time to complete the exam, I was in and out in 3 hours and I am a very slow reader icon_redface.gif

At the end of the exam ........ 82% beats the required 70% so I am through icon_cheers.gificon_lol.gif

I wish everyone else the best of luck on this one.
    congrats
    Andy

Very nice, congratulations!!
    MentholMoose
    Very nice, congratulations!!
    congrats

Thanks guys, are either of you booked in just yet?

I am starting CCIA studies from Monday, even though I have heard the exam is very tough icon_study.gif
    I still have to do the A05 (or A18 ) and A08 before I can get to the A15. It's all on my TODO list but I'm not sure when I can get to it.
    MentholMoose