Failed for the 3rd time

PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
This time, everything I scored bad on last time I did great. But, what I scored high on last time, I did bad. Scored lower than I ever had, and I've had a LOT more study and hands on time this round, too. Had to be a bad day. Lots of misspellings, lots of spaces where they shouldn't be, and just slow.

Taking it again Mid-May. Passing it, too.

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sorry you didn't pass icon_sad.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • kamikaze_wormkamikaze_worm Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    PC509 wrote: »

Good attitude. What are you using to study and what areas did you not do so well on.

Don't let fails get at you. I've failed 297 5 times, trick is to get straight back up.

I'm from uk and follow a football (soccer ;) ) team and our manager says "on days we will get beaten but when we do, we have to move on quickly to the next match and not dwell"

Hope any of that helps

kamikaze_worm
    IT Desktop Support Technician
    Comptia Exams passed - A+
    Microsoft Exams Passed - 270, 290, 291, 620, 293, 294
    Qualifications - MCP, MCTS, MCSA
    Working towards - MCSE
    Currently Studying - 298
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    IMO you shouldn't wait til May to retake it. Take it ASAP and you'll have abetter chance at it.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hes gotta wait 2 weeks in between tests :/
  • jfmcaninchjfmcaninch Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Not sure what resources you are using but if you can get a copy of Testout that will help. It cleared up some issues I was having with DNS. Also Oreilleys DNS book is really good as well.

Good luck!
    Currently studying for 70-410 hoping to write June 2016 with end goal of MCSE:Server Infrastructure
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    jfmcaninch wrote: »
    Not sure what resources you are using but if you can get a copy of Testout that will help. It cleared up some issues I was having with DNS. Also Oreilleys DNS book is really good as well.

Good luck!

Just got TestOut and giving that a shot. Already looks pretty good. I'm willing to spend a bit more on training and pass!

Scheduled for May 19th, 1pm. Going to defeat this 817CH!
  • knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    TestOut was a massive help to me. Made RRAS fun ;)

Good Luck!
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

• someehsomeeh Member Posts: 143
    Good luck with it!!!
  • BudzyBudzy Member Posts: 117
    I'm guessing you'll be taking this again soon so good luck!
  • LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    PC509 wrote: »
    This time, everything I scored bad on last time I did great. But, what I scored high on last time, I did bad. Scored lower than I ever had, and I've had a LOT more study and hands on time this round, too. Had to be a bad day. Lots of misspellings, lots of spaces where they shouldn't be, and just slow.

Don't feel bad, I failed that one twice. I took it last week for the 3rd time (two and a half years later) and passed, I think only because read over and over MS Press's 70-291 book, and two practice tests from like 4 different companies for the entire 2 years I was in Iraq.

Good luck the next time!