planning about Sec+

sunny_evandersunny_evander Member Posts: 126
Hey folks

I am interested in taking Security+ certificate. I am also undertaking a subject that teaches heaps of stuff from Sec+ certificate. Can any one plz suggest me some good text book or some links where i can prepare for the exam.

thanks in advance:)
:santa:

Comments

• TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    I would recommend the Technotes from here. I also used Ms Press which was ok, Syngress, Exam Cram and Tcat's. (Tcat was the one I liked in particular!!)

Good Luck on study and the Exam :D:D
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
  • sunny_evandersunny_evander Member Posts: 126
    GBAGIRL wrote:
    I would recommend the Technotes from here. I also used Ms Press which was ok, Syngress, Exam Cram and Tcat's. (Tcat was the one I liked in particular!!)

Good Luck on study and the Exam :D:D

Thanks for the useful info ... icon_wink.gif

Well as i said b4 that i am taking a subject very similar to security + cert ... but after that i am planning just self study... So just wondering what do u folks reckon is self study sufficient to pass the exam or is the exam very difficult?

thanks
    :santa:
  • ja5983ja5983 Member Posts: 129
    I would suggest sec+ for dummies and mike meyers passport sec+. both of them helped ALOT for my sec+ and TICSA and are also definately helpful for the SSCP studies i have been doing.

self study for security tests (especially sec+) is very doable in my opinion.
    Josh
    A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, TICSA, CCNA, MCSA, AS Network Engineering