Passed Server + (4/15/2011)

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
Wish me luck.

This will be my first official server certification if I pass.

I'll post after the exam (pass or fail)

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck on exam!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good luck on exam!! icon_thumright.gif

Thanks King

I have just a little over 3 hours to review and its go time.
  • ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    GOOOOOOOO N2IT! You can do it icon_thumright.gif
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
    ehnde wrote: »
    GOOOOOOOO N2IT! You can do it icon_thumright.gif

Thanks guys and maybe gals :)

I passed with a 791. Took me well over an hour to complete, there was one point where 30 of my answers were marked lol

Thanks a lot!
  • mengo17mengo17 Member Posts: 100 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Which studying materials did u use?
    mengo17 wrote: »
    Which studying materials did u use?

Complete Guide to Servers and Server+
    by Michael (Michael Graves) Graves

Been busy at work haven't had time to update.

I honestly feel if you read a solid server book (non vendor specific) that emphasis on hardware and touches on software you should be fine. If you have the A+ and know the material well, you can use that knowledge as well to get through this test. Then of course there are some questions that having Network + helped out on. Obviously the more exposure the better off you are.

For me it was a fairly challenging test.

If you are a server break fix guy and know a little bit about MS 2003 OS, this will be a piece of cake IMO.
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Congrats on the Pass!

Now ... what's next for you?

I remember taking Server+ back at a past job, they were looking into some HP certifications, and getting Server+ was a prerequisite for that. I went ahead and got the cert, and nothing became of the HP certified program there, and I went on to another job eventually.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
    instant000 wrote: »
    Congrats on the Pass!

Now ... what's next for you?

I remember taking Server+ back at a past job, they were looking into some HP certifications, and getting Server+ was a prerequisite for that. I went ahead and got the cert, and nothing became of the HP certified program there, and I went on to another job eventually.

First of all thanks for the congratz I appreciate it!

One of the reasons I picked this up is for future developments in my department. Currently I manage a tier 3 deployment / break fix team, and on the horizon is hand scanner and server support. I decided to go the server + to help ensure the stakeholders I have at least some working knowledge of the server technology. Whether this happens or not is up to the suits bidding for this engagement.

Again thanks for the good wishes I appreciate it.
  • Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • gramacorpgramacorp Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • anthonyg2879anthonyg2879 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    can u share what u used to study .. all i have currently is the comptia server+ book
    Certs:
    TIA : CCNT, CTP
    COMPTIA : Network+, working on Server+
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA, working on Cisco Security, then hopefully Cisco Voice or Wireless
    can u share what u used to study .. all i have currently is the comptia server+ book

Amazon.com: Complete Guide to Servers and Server+ (9781418020231): Michael Graves: Books
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!!!
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

Xcluziv wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass!!!!

X thanks a lot for the gratz

BTW Good luck on the Sharepoint exam. Exciting times!