Finally CCIP - MPLS passed!

Well guys here I am. Passed the MPLS with a 852, passing score 790. It was a tough exam, I finished with about 5 minutes to spare.

Score Report:
MPLS Virtual Private Network Technology: 100%
MPLS VPN Implementation, Configuration and Troubleshooting: 75%
Complex MPLS VPNs: 75%
Internet Access from an MPLS VPN: 64%
Frame-Mode/Cell-Mode MPLS Implementation, Configuration and Troubleshooting: 100%
MPLS Fundamentals: 60%
MPLS Operation: 71%

Glad its over, for future test takers the best hint is not to limit yourself to the official MPLS exam topics. To study I used MPLS Fundamentals and the Trancender prac exam.

As for where to now, definitely taking a break as far as certs go. However I'll still be studying regularly and retaining my knowledge before I decide whether or not to fight the CCIE R&S beast.

Comments

• ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    I have no idea what MPLS is (sounds hard, like quantum calculus), but congratulations!
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A huge BRAVO from me!!icon_cheers.gif

It is certainly hard, at least for me, to learn all this stuff since it was not covered at all at the school. I put MPLS on hold last week to see if BGP was easier...IRA and BGP design and implementation is like the day and night, so i decided to took a break icon_wink.gif

It'll be a long run i guess!

Congrats again
  • wireratwirerat Member Posts: 251
    Congrats on the pass and becoming a CCIP!! icon_thumright.gif
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
  • Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    Congratulations, How long did you spend on your CCIP studies? I'm currently doing CCNP with the aim of having it complete by July, but that reflects the fact that my job complements the material. I was planning to jump straight into the CCIP after this, but tomaifauchai's comments are scaring meicon_lol.gif

Congrats again icon_cheers.gif
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    Chris_ wrote: »
    Congratulations, How long did you spend on your CCIP studies? I'm currently doing CCNP with the aim of having it complete by July, but that reflects the fact that my job complements the material. I was planning to jump straight into the CCIP after this, but tomaifauchai's comments are scaring meicon_lol.gif

Congrats again icon_cheers.gif

It took me about 5 months of very loose studying, and I don't work in a service provider environment. If you put your mind to it you can pass it pretty fast, especially if you do the MPLS+BGP composite. Good luck in your studies.
  • Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    jovan88 wrote: »
    It took me about 5 months of very loose studying, and I don't work in a service provider environment. If you put your mind to it you can pass it pretty fast, especially if you do the MPLS+BGP composite. Good luck in your studies.

Thanks, i guess i'll just dive straight in and give it a go - I'll maybe take a few weeks off after the NP though :D
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the double *NP :)
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Congratulations and welcome to the CCIP club.. ;)

:)

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratz!!!
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Come and join us chaps working towards the third (or is it fourth) tier of the Cisco pyramid!
  • ipSpaceipSpace Member Posts: 147
    Congrats! It must have been hart. I am planning to learn for CCIE R&S and when i feel like 70% prepared for CCIE to try to take the CCIP exam.
    Any ideea if the CCIP study material is in CCIE R&S ? (i mean to the same details)

Anyway ! CONGRATS and have a few beers. You deserve them!

My Network & Security Blog with a focus on Fortigate. New post on how to create a fortigate ssl vpn.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Any ideea if the CCIP study material is in CCIE R&S ? (i mean to the same details)
    Studying for the BGP and QoS exams should easily prepare you for those tasks on the CCIE R&S exam (assuming you do lots of hands on lab work while studying).

The CCIP MPLS exam will cover more than you'll need for the CCIE R&S.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    mikej412 wrote: »
    CCIP MPLS exam will cover more than you'll need for the CCIE R&S.

Thank god, MPLS is kicking my butt right now. I had to break down and buy the INE MPLS classes, which seem to be clearing a lot of confusion up for me.