Advise for CISSP exam

j4nusj4nus Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dear,

I'm currently studying by myself for the CISSP.
My current materials are the Shon Harris videos, their slides and the course of PrepLogic.
I don't have enough time to read all the book so I'm only watching the videos, taking notes.
I have already a good experience, especially in the domain of telecommunications and security architecture.

I have seen there is a new course from Shon Harris: Video mentor.
I have read the description but it seems to be practical exercises (IPSec, WPA2,..). Is it useful for the exam ? Or is it more oriented for the day-to-day professional experience than for the exam itself ?

I have tried the online tests on cccure.org. Problem is that the tests are limited by 10 questions. Apparently you need to subscribe to a course to one of partners of cccure.org to access the full quizz.

I didn't start to study the preplogic course but there are many questions per chapter. I like that a lot cause it would allow me to test my knowledge per chapter and review or read the book only for the chapters where I don't have the expected level.

Can you share your experience or give me some tips ?
Thx

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Lots of experience and tips already in these discussion forums and blogs.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    j4nus wrote: »
    Dear,

I'm currently studying by myself for the CISSP.

Good for you!
    I don't have enough time to read all the book so I'm only watching the videos, taking notes.

I would not advise taking the test without reading the books.
    I have already a good experience, especially in the domain of telecommunications and security architecture.

I had experience too, but it is not practical to have extensive experience in all ten domains, and that is why the books help. I do not recommend sitting the tests without reading the book.
    I have seen there is a new course from Shon Harris: Video mentor.
    I have read the description but it seems to be practical exercises (IPSec, WPA2,..). Is it useful for the exam ? Or is it more oriented for the day-to-day professional experience than for the exam itself ?

I do not know. I relied on experience, reading the book, practice materials with the book, and free tests at cccure.org
    Can you share your experience or give me some tips ?

I had years exp, read the book, did practice materials, used free practice tests at cccure.org, and also made sure to look over the blueprint at isc2.org, to make sure I was aware of all the topics to be covered.

There are other tips at the links posted by the previous poster. I would advise those.
    Thx

You're welcome!
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)