Passed my exam today

seb57seb57 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Like the title says I passed my exams today with an 806. Yeah baby :D

Thanks for the superb site and all the notes and heads-up, couldn't have made it with out you.

The exams wasn't quite what I expected, their questions are often ambiguous and a lot of them where related to older technologies or stuff we don't see very often.

Anyway, it's done and now on to Server+

PS: Sorry for the english, i'm french canadian icon_wink.gif

Comments

• sawyersawyer Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    you and i are twins - today i sat N+, got the same score and thought the same thing! very Microsoft-esque wording at times.. Here's 'A', and here's 'B', now figure out 'F'... icon_rolleyes.gificon_mad.gif lots were pretty straightforward also - i hate to be too critical! icon_wink.gif

at least it's over. Thanks for this site ~ it's great! On to iNet+ and Linux ~
    Breathe in all the diesel fumes
    Admire the concrete landscaping
    And doesn't it feel free...
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations to both of you on a good score.

I passed N+ about a week ago. I am on to Server+ now.

Seb57, have you any ideas about what study materials you are going to use? I have 2 study guides now, but I think I'll get another one.

sawyer, best of luck on the iNet+!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • seb57seb57 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sawyer: cool icon_cool.gif

I already have The Sybex 2end edition for Server+, bought it at the same time as the Network+ (got a deal) :)

After that I'll try some practice exams on the web, and see after that.
    Hopefully i'll find as good a web site for Technotes for Server+ as this one was for Network+

It was enough for Network+, I hope it will be enough for Server+.

When you convert the price of the exams and the study materials in canadian dollars, it gets expensive fast. Just the exams of network+ will cost me over 300$ with taxes and the books where 140$ for both.

How long do you think it's going to take you to be ready for Server+?
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats to both of you!
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    How long do you think it's going to take you to be ready for Server+?

I think it will take about 2 months for me to really be sure.

I have to agree with you, expenses can get out of hand. However, sometimes a person has to consider these costs as an investment.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • sundiversundiver Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to both of you on your pass! As far as Server+... Know your Raid, SCSI, and disaster recovery and you shouldn't have a problem. I am working on Net+ now... hopefully taking in about a week.