CEHv7 Courseware

blackholeblackhole Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am thinking of self study route, does any-one knows the course-ware available on their site include exam voucher ? or $790 is just for course-ware?

Comments

• coty24coty24 Member Posts: 263 ■□□□□□□□□□
    and I got two books from EC-Council, I wouldn't buy the courseware for 750. The books are ok in my opinion, but they don't really seem to be exam prep material. Hope this helped and pm me if you want ot know more about the courseware or just reply.
    Passed LOT2 :)Working on FMV2(CHFI v8 ) Done!
  • blackholeblackhole Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am waiting for CISSP endorsement - and looking for some course that gives me how things works so thinking of C|EH 7. Now I am not sure based on the feedback how that course ware would help me. do you recommend another certification other than C|EH can teach me how things happens in real world???
  • powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You can still use CEHv6 materials, as they apply.

The CEHv7 is broken into 19 modules. The CCNA Security material covers the following modules:

Module 1 - Introduction to Ethical Hacking
    Module 8 - Sniffers (everything except the tools, just the methods of doing layer two attacks)
    Module 18 - Cryptography

Honestly, I would imagine that you could get through these studies with Wikipedia and Linux man pages, for the most part. If you have five years of general IT experience, a lot of this should be review and detailed information about what you already have been exposed.

I am considering making some training materials for this myself. Probably going to create a podcast sort of thing.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
    Oh, as a direct answer to your question, I am taking a course with the official curriculum, and I do not get a voucher for the exam. However, I think that the course allows you to take the exam for $300, whereas others are reporting that the exam is $500.
  • blackholeblackhole Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the information. I took a first step based on forum reading and ordered Dummies book to start with. lets see where it takes.
  • TroccoTrocco Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi all, I am currently in the process of self-studying for CEHv6. I am hoping to take the test before v6 expires but I may just miss it. So my question is3 can I use the v6 courseware to pass the v7 test? How much does v7 differ from v6? Hopefully someone can give me some insight because I am pulling my hair out.

Thanks,
    Trocco wrote: »
    Hi all, I am currently in the process of self-studying for CEHv6. I am hoping to take the test before v6 expires but I may just miss it. So my question is3 can I use the v6 courseware to pass the v7 test? How much does v7 differ from v6? Hopefully someone can give me some insight because I am pulling my hair out.

Thanks,

You will be fine if you have to take v7.
  • natvnatv Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Can anyone who has taken the CEHv7 exam comment on the differences between the v7 exam and for example, practice tests based on CEHv6?

I'm doing self-study (using CEHv6 study material/books), and so far doing "ok" on the practice tests (CEHv6 practice tests). MOST are multiple questions and only a few are situational questions (analyze this log / chart and pick the best answer(s).

I've heard the CEHv7 exam differs as questions are more situational.. is this the case? Can anyone recommend any resources (practice tests) to help me prepare better? $500 is a lot for the exam and so I want to be fully prepared for it.

Any feedback on the type of questions on the CEHv7 exam would be very much appreciated.

Does it ask about tools not even covered in CEHv6? I'm not sure where to get this information (like a detailed Outline of the CEHv7 material at least) to make sure I'm not missing anything.
    Currently Working on: HHT1
    Courses
    Transferred/
    Completed at WGU:
    AGC1, BBC1, LAE1, LUT1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, BVC1, BNC1, DHV1, CSV1, DFV1, WFV1, BOV1, AXV1, CPV1, GAC1
    Courses Left to complete: B.S. IT,Security.
    QBT1, HHT1, INC1, INT1, CLC1, RIT1, DJV1, KET1, KFT1, TPV1, CTV1, CVV1, CJV1, CUV1, COV1, CQV1, CNV1, SBT1, MGC1, RGT1