1y0-a23

lunchbox67lunchbox67 Member Posts: 132 ■■■■□□□□□□
Has anyone here taken the 1Y0-A23 exam?
If so, any suggestions as to what to study for that you were not expecting to see on the exam?

Comments

• stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Hi,

I've not taken this one personally, however, I can highly recommend Citrixxperience.com.

Check out the FREE study guides here and maybe the Practice Exam icon_study.gif

I've used Citrixxpeience in the past and found the study guide and practice exam just to the ticket to get right in the zone for exam day.
  • lunchbox67lunchbox67 Member Posts: 132 ■■■■□□□□□□
    stupidboy wrote: »
    Hi,

I've not taken this one personally, however, I can highly recommend Citrixxperience.com.

Check out the FREE study guides here and maybe the Practice Exam icon_study.gif

I've used Citrixxpeience in the past and found the study guide and practice exam just to the ticket to get right in the zone for exam day.

I am using the products at Citrix Experience and the THE REAL Citrix CCA Exam Preparation Kit by Syngress. Do you think these study materials should cover the materials sufficiently?
    lunchbox67 wrote: »
    I am using the products at Citrix Experience and the THE REAL Citrix CCA Exam Preparation Kit by Syngress. Do you think these study materials should cover the materials sufficiently?

I have not read the Syngress book but I am afraid I have not heard great things about it icon_sad.gif I would ensure that you get some serious lab time with XenApp to ensure that you are comfortable with the product before attempting the exam.

The Citrixxperience will be great for making sure you have all of the areas down and the style of questions will not be to far from those you will face in the exam. So this should help build your confidence and aid in working out those weaker areas that need more study/lab time.

I would recommend that you read the Prep Guide as there are often extra articles that are referenced as used to develop the exam. These might help you score a couple of vita points icon_study.gif
    After going through just a little of the Citrix Experience, and ASSuming it is close to the real deal, I would have to say the THE REAL Citrix CCA Exam Preparation Kit by Syngress is not so real ... IMHO
    After going through just a little of the Citrix Experience, and ASSuming it is close to the real deal, I would have to say the THE REAL Citrix CCA Exam Preparation Kit by Syngress is not so real ... IMHO

citrixxperience will get you in the right frame of mind but please don't not confuse these with illegal **** sheets or brain ****.

I would highly recommend some lab time to fill in the gaps and depending where you live, you might want to see about getting a copy of the official Citrix Courseware. The official courseware will have undoubtedly been used in the creation of the exam (see Prep Guide)

Do you work with XenApp?

Do you have time frames for the exam?
    citrixxperience will get you in the right frame of mind but please don't not confuse these with illegal **** sheets or brain ****.

I would highly recommend some lab time to fill in the gaps and depending where you live, you might want to see about getting a copy of the official Citrix Courseware. The official courseware will have undoubtedly been used in the creation of the exam (see Prep Guide)

Do you work with XenApp?

Do you have time frames for the exam?

I have been running a Citrix farm since 2002. But my company is closing down so now that I am going to be looking for a job (should have been doing this all along icon_redface.gif) I want to pick up a few Certs to get me past a few more HR departments. I think the CCA would be a good one to start with.
  • 7lowe7lowe Member Posts: 178 ■■■□□□□□□□
    In training for my new job we will have to take this test. Looking at the certification sticky I didn't see it listed anywhere, so does it actually count towards any cert?

CCA ... I just passed it last week
  • demsoldemsol Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CCA ... I just passed it last week

Congrats on passing your Citrix. I was hoping you could share your experience in terms of prep materials with me. At my workplace, we use Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 and I'm taking the exams soon, don't want to flunk it.

Thanks
  • LAN_GuruLAN_Guru Member Posts: 119
    <snip> ...you might want to see about getting a copy of the official Citrix Courseware. The official courseware will have undoubtedly been used in the creation of the exam (see Prep Guide) <snip>

Unfortunately, Citrix is extremely proud of their official curriculum. They do not sell it and if (that being a huge IF) you are able to find a Citrix training center that is willing to break the rules and sell the official curriculum to you, they generally want about half the price of the full course just for the book. 5-day Citrix classes go for $3195 so be prepared to pay $1400-1600-ish for the book. The exams are mostly taken from Citrix product documentation that is freely available on the Citrix website. I recently printed, punched, and bound over 2000 duplexed pages to begin preparing for Citrix exams...

Citrix support has really gone downhill the last few years. It would greatly benefit Citrix and their customers if Citrix were to get it's head out of it's rear-end and encourage and support individuals who seek to attain Citrix credentials by offering training guides much like Microsoft and Cisco do via Microsoft Press and Cisco Press. Training must be a profit-center for Citrix and they are shooting themselves in the foot by being greedy.
    9/1 - Citrix A18 :study:
    9/20 - Citrix A19, 10/4 - Citrix A24, 10/18 - Citrix A08, 11/1 - Citrix A15, 11/17 - Cisco 640-802, 12/1 - Cisco 642-813, 12/15 - Cisco 642-902, 12/30 - Cisco 642-832