Passed BGP Exam

Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
I sat and passed this exam today. There were some typical Cisco 'who thought of these questions?' on there but overall it was fairly straightforward.

For preparation I used Internet Routing Architectures, BGP Design and Implementation, Routing TCP IP vol. 2, BGP Case Studies, INE's BGP bootcamp, and Cisco BGP-4 Command and Configuration book, plus on the job work experience.

Now on to the MPLS exam. I have already started reading MPLS fundamentals and have INE's MPLS bootcamp, but would anyone also recommend reading Definitive MPLS Network Designs? From what I have heard MPLS fundamentals is enough to get through the exam, but I want to learn more about real world design and application.

Thanks

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Good Luck with your MPLS studies icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • mkomonmkomon Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ryan82 wrote: »
    Now on to the MPLS exam. I have already started reading MPLS fundamentals and have INE's MPLS bootcamp, but would anyone also recommend reading Definitive MPLS Network Designs? From what I have heard MPLS fundamentals is enough to get through the exam, but I want to learn more about real world design and application.

Thanks

Yeah, MPLS Fundamentals is a sufficient book for the exam, going even further with IPv6 over MPLS, AToM, VPLS and MPLS QoS. But you can never go wrong with going an extra mile to get a better picture about the stuff. After all it can pay of when pushing for the CCIE. icon_smile.gif

Martin

Edit: forgot to say Congratz! icon_thumright.gif Hope you enjoyed the exam as I have. It has some interesting and enjoyable material.
  • tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    Nice one, Congratulations. :D
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Congrats on passing the exam! Which of the study materials would you say provided the most benefit in preparing for the BGP exam. I've heard nothing but good stuff bout the IRA text.

Again congrats and have a cold one to celebrate!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    Congrats!!!!

I'm using the INE for BGP and MPLS too, Keith Barker is a goofy guy but he makes things pretty clear.
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!
  • jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63