ROUTE Exam

gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm about to take the exam in a few weeks. I just need some reviews on the new cisco labs that they offer for 25 hours. Is it wortb it? or should i just continue using GNS3 seems temping with there labs. any advice?

Comments

• down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    GNS3 should be enough to get the job done.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    I have this exam booked for 2 weeks time also. I have only used GNS3 for prep and I think it is more than sufficient for the ROUTE exam - I haven't seen the labs on offer with the IOU , but if you're looking for some challenging labs have a look at

www.gns3-labs.com

www.gns3vault.com

Both sites have some really good labs that will get the grey matter going.

Good luck icon_thumright.gif
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Chris_ wrote: »
    I have this exam booked for 2 weeks time also. I have only used GNS3 for prep and I think it is more than sufficient for the ROUTE exam - I haven't seen the labs on offer with the IOU , but if you're looking for some challenging labs have a look at

www.gns3-labs.com

www.gns3vault.com

+1 I can't believe I didn't know those existed thanks!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    chmorin wrote: »
    +1 I can't believe I didn't know those existed thanks!

WHAT!! I thought you noticed everything icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Those are both great sites! They have some great labs on there and you could spend hours going through some of them to get them up and working.

Now for a real challenge lab up the TShoot topology and use that for all of your labs icon_wink.gif That'll kind of kill 2 birds with one stone
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I just need some reviews on the new cisco labs that they offer for 25 hours.
    You're actually paying for access to slightly dumbed down (so they work the remotely accessed IOU environment) labs from the official Cisco Training Class courseware -- and the emulated lab environment to run them in. You're also free to run any other (supported) commands and labs you want that you can within the fixed topologies for the supplied labs (within your 25 hours + add on hours).

You can see the list of labs included in the bundles in the Cisco Learning Network Store (and compare them against the exam blueprint topics), so if you think you already have labs that cover those topics (or understand those lab topics from your study and lab practice on a simulator, emulator, or real hardware), then you may not gain anything by spending the money for them.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thanks for the feed back ill comtinue using GNS3 for the ROUTE exam
  • valenvalen Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□

www.gns3-labs.com

www.gns3vault.com

Thanks for the links. Those look great
  • WillTech105WillTech105 Member Posts: 216

www.gns3-labs.com

www.gns3vault.com

Very nice -- these will def. come in handy for when I go for the ROUTE. Thanks!
    In Progress: CCNP ROUTE