New MCP Transcript

BudzyBudzy Member Posts: 117
As some of you may know, Microsoft have today updated the layout of the MCP transcript. Unfortunately, I feel the new transcript layout looks rather ugly if printed to A4/letter. Anyone else had a chance to log in and have a look?

Comments

• gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Haven't yet, but thanks for the reminder. Going to look now.

EDIT: Nice, but i'm not sure either..
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Judging by the increase in paper needed to print out my transcript since the changes I'm guessing that 'green IT' didn't make an appearance in the planning and design process.

It does appear to be very 'green' in colour though. Good job I'm not hungover today otherwise it might have made me dizzy :)

Ultimately, I couldn't give a monkeys though. The only ever time I've personally needed to produce my MS transcript is when applying for a new position.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    bertieb wrote: »
    The only ever time I've personally needed to produce my MS transcript is when applying for a new position.

Haven't even done it then .. noted important certs on CV / Resume and gave out link for the share transcript site ...
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Gomjaba wrote: »
    Haven't even done it then .. noted important certs on CV / Resume and gave out link for the share transcript site ...

That would be my preferred option but a few of the employers I worked for also wanted a paper copy to file away too.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think the new layout looks better, but it does take a considerable amount of more space. The price you pay.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks for the heads-up. I think the exam listing is needlessly long. Compared to the old version, it has the exact same info while using twice the space due to the changed column widths. Otherwise I have no complaints.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    I think the new layout looks better, but it does take a considerable amount of more space. The price you pay.

I've given this more thought and I've decided that I don't like the change. The transcript doesn't need to be visually pleasing. It should simply list what you have done in a manner that is easy to read. If you want something flashy that you can show to an employer to catch their eye, MS already has Vitrual Business Cards.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • BudzyBudzy Member Posts: 117
    Seems like some mixed responses. To be honest, I quite like the new browser version... Just not too sure about the print ready copy that would accompany my CV due to the spacing.