Countdown to Extinction... ahem I mean SWITCH

PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
Hey there fellow Ciscoholics!

I took and failed SWITCH in July last year, and it left me so pissed off that I took TSHOOT a while later and passed it with flying colors. And about two weeks ago I took and passed ROUTE as well, so now it's time for revenge!

I've got SWITCH scheduled for Friday next week and I feel pretty prepared to be honest. I've read most of the Foundation Learning Guide and used Microsoft OneNote (it's awesome!) to take notes while watching the CBT Nuggets SWITCH series.

When I last took the exam it was riddled with typos and other weird things, which I hope will be fixed this time around!

The one thing that I am missing a bit is on the labbing side of things. I might consider renting some online rack-time for a few hours, but all those providers out there just provide ccie racks which are very expensive per session.I don't really need much hands-on, just some etherchannel and a bit of vlan goodness.

I am considering taking a practice test or two and then go over the nuggets (or INE) videos for the topics that I sucked at.

I'll keep this thread updated with my progress as far as studies go.

Cheers,
Fin

Comments

• JaCkNiFeJaCkNiFe Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck PsychoFin, it sounds to me like your dialed in. I am scheduled to take the exam 4/29 so I am curious to see how you do considering I am using the same study materials.

Check out Packetlife for some free rack time before your exam.
    Lab on!
  • *BB**BB* Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    PsychoFin wrote: »
    When I last took the exam it was riddled with typos and other weird things, which I hope will be fixed this time around!

Good luck! As of earlier this month, I had some typos, and could not configure a certain command in a lab. I did everything else in the lab and left a comment. I still passed so it was a non issue. I've got our Cisco SE and another Cisco network consultant onsite tomorrow working on Ciscoworks. I'll ask them if they know anyone they can put a word into about the bugs. Cant hurt to ask.
    Procrastinator extraordinaire
  • PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    Gah, I am almost dreaming about BPDUs and STP! Man, so many abbreviations to learn :P
  • kurferkurfer Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I thought SWITCH was the hardest of the three, which is odd considering I always thought the old BCMSN was so much easier than BSCI.
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Best of luck! Hopefully the 2nd time is a charm!
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
    Just a quick update guys: I passed SWITCH! Finally, what a nasty exam it was!

As for my plans in future, the idea was to pursue CCIP or CCIE, but now I happened to land a job with this company which means I won't be pursuing any Cisco exams for a while :)

Cheers,
    Fin
  • NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    congrats. juniper is stealing cisco guys. lol
  • Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    Congrats, you juniper heathen ;)
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats (on both the pass and new job)! icon_cheers.gif
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I passed
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    I happened to land a job with this company
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Just a quick update guys: I passed SWITCH! Finally, what a nasty exam it was!

As for my plans in future, the idea was to pursue CCIP or CCIE, but now I happened to land a job with this company which means I won't be pursuing any Cisco exams for a while :)

Cheers,
    Fin

Boo!!!! Hiss!!!! icon_twisted.gif

Congrats on the pass! icon_thumright.gif
  • JaCkNiFeJaCkNiFe Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on two milestones!! Thanks for updating us!
    Lab on!
    Thanks a lot for the replies guys! I can't leave TE or the Cisco section completely though - I just love this place! :P
    JaCkNiFe wrote: »
    Congratulations on two milestones!! Thanks for updating us!

Thanks, and you are welcome! Good luck with your SWITCH preparation, you can do it!

Cheers,
    Fin
  • Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428