CISSP Passed!!

MadTheoryMadTheory Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Been lurking on the forum for a while since I started studying but this is the first time posting. Just found out today that I passed. I took it on March 26th. Thanks to everyone for all the info they post. It helped a lot.

Comments

• rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats man! Outstanding Achievement :)

Whats next for you? What did you use to study for the exam?
  • worldwide35worldwide35 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Way to go on the pass!
    What did you do to prep for the test? What is your background?
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Congratulations on passing the CISSP exam! icon_cheers.gif

And yes, what was your study plan and prep routine?
  • blackholeblackhole Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congratulations way to go ..... what is coming next ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Member Posts: 0 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MadTheoryMadTheory Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Here's the rundown:
    I decided to go for the CISSP at the beginning of February. Looked around for a book and settled on CISSP Study Guide by Eric Conrad. Since I got my GSEC last August, I was partial to the SANS author. I scheduled the exam for the next possible date which happened to be March 26th. Finished reading the book with two weeks to go and re-read/skimmed the book again over the next week. The last week before the exam I did one of the practice tests that came with the book. At that point I was done studying so I think I timed it out pretty good. I think from start to finish, it was 7 weeks.

Immediately after the test, I was certain that I failed. The next day I felt better after thinking about the kinds of questions that I answered. I may just slap the next person who asks “What would you do first?”

Background:
    I’ve been in IT for over five years, four of which in a security role. As far as certs go, I have MCSE, GSEC and ITILv3.

Next:
    Part of the reason I took the test so soon was that I am going back to school to get a degree, BS in Information Systems. Class started at the beginning of April.
  • mrowtonmrowton Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the CISSP MadTheory,

I also just started going back to school for a degree in Information System Security. It would be pretty difficult to do this while studying, but I'm going to attempt the ISSMP next.

May I ask what school you are going to attend? I looked into Davenport and Capella, but settled on APUS.

Mitchell
  • MadTheoryMadTheory Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mrowton wrote: »
    Congrats on passing the CISSP MadTheory,

I also just started going back to school for a degree in Information System Security. It would be pretty difficult to do this while studying, but I'm going to attempt the ISSMP next.

May I ask what school you are going to attend? I looked into Davenport and Capella, but settled on APUS.

Mitchell

Strayer. Though I wonder if I will have the time to get it all done.