Options

Wounded with a 602

jfmcaninchjfmcaninch Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
The beast may have won this round, but I will get him next time. I took this exam 5 weeks after taking the 291 and probably rushed a bit and should have waiting another week. Oh well, onto the second shot. I was trying to keep a 5 week pace per exam.

My weak areas were Server Availability and Security Infrastructure. I kinda wish I didn't reread the 291 stuff and focused on the new material only.

I used the MS Press Book, O'Reilly's MCSE in the Nutshell, Testout and self test software. You really do need to know everything inside and out from the learning materials and have good experience behind you. I have over 8 years experience and some of the questions asked were beyond me. Perhaps I just have a tough version of the exam...I hope.

I am going to lab some more and deep dive into technet.
Currently studying for 70-410 hoping to write June 2016 with end goal of MCSE:Server Infrastructure

Comments

• Options
    jfmcaninchjfmcaninch Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Passed today on my second try. The two weeks extra made a big difference as well as slowing down and reading the question at my slower than usual pace. Focusing on new material (293 specific) instead of topics learned in 291 helped me.

Onward to 294 to finish my MCSE 2003. Good luck to those writing 2nd tries this week.
    Currently studying for 70-410 hoping to write June 2016 with end goal of MCSE:Server Infrastructure
  • Options
    arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats fellow "602 on the first attempt" buddy! icon_cheers.gif I was going to retake mine on Thursday, and I've rescheduled it for next Tuesday so I can get more cramming in during the 5 day weekend. Best of luck on 294!
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • Options
    Jarhead2011Jarhead2011 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass. failed mine last week, and going to face it again this Thursday. good luck on 294.
    "Getting information off the internet is like drinking water from a fire hydrant" - Michell Kapor
    2013/2014 Certifications
    CCNA R&S Project Management SQL 2008/2012
    Currently Reading: Network Warrior 2nd Ed.

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63