Options

Just passed Security+

sealworxsealworx Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took the exam last Monday and passed with 852. The forums and the technotes were really helpful! Thanks heaps to you all :)

I have a quick question though, is the Security+ something that's worth placing in your signature, I mean when using emails, etc? I know that you do that for CISSP, MCSE and other certifications but I rarely see anyone with a CompTIA certification in their sig. And if you do put it in your sig, are there guidelines on how it should be reflected? I mean do you still need to put the whole "CompTIA Security+" in it?

Again much thanks!

Comments

• Options
    TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    CONGRATULATIONS :D:D
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations icon_thumright.gif

As far as the email sig goes, my boss likes to see them.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Congrats icon_thumright.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    sealworxsealworx Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks!

I forwarded the same question to CompTIA and here is their reply:

You may display your CompTIA Security+ certified status in your signature and in personal marketing materials. The only thing we want to avoid is placing this statement or the logo on a company Web site where it’s not clear who exactly is certified. As long as it’s clear that you are the one who is CompTIA Security+ certified, there is nothing in our trademark guidelines that prohibits this practice. And you must refer to the certification as “CompTIA Security+.” This is also in our guidelines. Here is a link to the trademark guidelines:

http://www.comptia.org/certification/general_information/trademark_usage.aspx.