Passed GIAC G2700

Well, I passed the G2700 exam this morning. It's my first GIAC exam, and was a little unnerving being able to see how many wrong/right questions I'd answered.

Overall it wasn't as bad as I was expecting, and it was pretty much just like the practice exams.

Comments

• kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the pass. Whats up next? Where did you take the exam?
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the GIAC. Is that the last cert for you in the WGU program?
  • -Foxer--Foxer- Member Posts: 151
    Thanks guys!

I took the exam at a Kryterion testing center here in the Salt Lake area.

This is the last exam for WGU, unless they add the CCNA test, which I'm trying to get them to do.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • cjwillmancjwillman Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on being almost done. I am looking into the WGU program. If you are available to talk about it offline I would really appreciate your perspective.
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Did you use the two books WGU required for the test? I am trying to figure out what to use since WGU has a document that maps the CISSP foundations to the G2700 so I thought I could just use the latest edition of the all in one or the official ISC2 book. Plus I would print out the ISO guide at Kinkos or something.
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    Did you use the two books WGU required for the test? I am trying to figure out what to use since WGU has a document that maps the CISSP foundations to the G2700 so I thought I could just use the latest edition of the all in one or the official ISC2 book. Plus I would print out the ISO guide at Kinkos or something.

I am interested in this also.

Actually, I wish there was a WGU student's post, of someone who completed the MS ISA program, and told of their trials and tribulations on the certs required for the degree, LOL.

As it is, I'm just searching throughout the forum, trying to compile study material lists for each of these things, and I don't think I'm alone.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    WGU has regular phone conferences that the date and time are posted on their communities page. I have attended a few, the last one being for the CHFI exam and somebody who passed it recently. This GIAC test though seems to not be very popular or it's pretty straight forward. I got a copy of the official ISO document, I found it with some googling. Getting a copy printed from them was 200 dollars, for a 161 page document lol? I will just print it myself.
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    WGU has regular phone conferences that the date and time are posted on their communities page. I have attended a few, the last one being for the CHFI exam and somebody who passed it recently. This GIAC test though seems to not be very popular or it's pretty straight forward. I got a copy of the official ISO document, I found it with some googling. Getting a copy printed from them was 200 dollars, for a 161 page document lol? I will just print it myself.

Thanks.

I've only logged in to make sure my financial aid stuff was good, and had a back-and-forth with my enrollment counselor, who's always quick to reply, and seems to always be in the office.

I'll probably call him later today, to make sure everything is on the up-and-up, for starting on the 1st of July.

I haven't taken the intro class yet, so maybe stuff like that would be covered in there. I was just making sure of the information.

From what you say, sounds like there will be a decent support structure, for getting on with this.

Thanks for your help!
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)