Options

Taking the 70-685 today

AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
Just trying to finish up my MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician 7 before I start job hunting again. I'd like to get another desktop support job for now so hopefully this will mean something to employers.

It looks like a lot of the content is very similar to the 70-680 so I'm not too worried. We'll see how it goes in reality though.

Comments

• Options
    Lord NikonLord Nikon Member Posts: 115
    good luck. Please fill us in with your thoughts about the test afterwards. What did you use to study? Books? Labs? Thanks!

LN
    "This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch; the beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, ****, lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals. Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop me, but you can't stop us all.."

• Options
    I didn't think it was too bad. The main things that messed me up were the "choose the best answer" type of questions. There were questions in which all the answers were definite solutions and I wasn't clear on the criteria in which to base the "best" on.

As for studying I just quickly went over some troubleshooting features of Win 7 that I hadn't ever used in my workplace. If you know everything on 70-680 this one follows very closely.

I've dealt with most of this stuff for work since a few months before Win 7 was publicly released so I didn't really need any "lab" time.

875/1000
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass!
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    NOLAJNOLAJ Member Posts: 490
    Great job!!
    WGU - MBA: I.T. Management --> Graduated!!

WGU -
    B.S. Information Technology—Network Administration --> Graduated!!

:thumbup:
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    So I'm assuming since I've completed 72-680 and 70-685 the MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician 7 gets awarded automatically?

I'm still waiting for 70-685 to get posted to my transcript. I know they say it can take up to a week but how long do these normally take to get posted?