Schedualed 220-701 for thursday!

CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
BTW I thought this exam was 90 minutes. Here it says I have 120 minutes.
Candidate:   Jackson, Joel
Test Series: 220-701 CompTIA A+ Essentials (2009 Edition) Certification Exam - English (ENU)
Date:        Thursday, April 21, 2011
Time:        11:00 AM
Appointment Length (minutes): 120

Testing Location

ECPI College of Technology
1001 Omni Blvd
Suite 100, Room 136A
Newport News VA 23606

Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck on exam!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks! Any idea of how tough" 701 is? I'm not asking you to break NDA and I'm sure "tough" is a relative term here.
  • soooowutnowsoooowutnow Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The A+ is the first certification that I am attempting. I have 10 yrs of helpdesk, desktop support, and server hardware knowledge and I took a practice test and got about 50% wrong.

I bought a study guide book my Mike Myers (certification passport) and that helped me a lot. I still struggled and was getting around 70% after reading the book and studying. I found that the thing that helped me the most was finding as many practice questions that I could and downloading them and taking tests, then comparing my answers and researching the ones I got wrong.

After that I was getting about 75-77% on all of the practice exams. They are harder than the actual test. On saturday I took the 701 and passed with an 810. So many of the questions are common sense and a lot of them that are tough give 2 totally bogus answers so you have a 50/50 shot of getting it right.

Good luck on your test. I take my next one, the 702 this Saturday.
    2018 Achievements:
    Cloud Essentials SME
    Project+
    CRISC

2019 To conquer:
    Maybe CGEIT? I don't know - help!
    Also I had 90 minutes. Maybe they gave you 120 to factor in the time it takes to fill out the paperwork when you get there.
    2018 Achievements:
    Cloud Essentials SME
    Project+
    CRISC

2019 To conquer:
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Passed with score of 825! Now onto 702 next week.

Study materials used:

*CompTIA A+ 2009 In Depth, 3rd Edition by Jean Andrews

*Professor Messer's Comptia A+ videos.
    *I didn't use any practice exams, I think that would have felt a bit like cheating.
    *Old pentium system system that I could take apart and get hands on(Which by the way in the process of learning, turned into a nifty file server that can be remotely managed)
  • gunmetalgr3ggunmetalgr3g Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass I have my scheduled for Saturday
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats Well Done :)
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
    Congrats on the pass. I passed mine today as well icon_smile.gif
    2018 Achievements:
    Cloud Essentials SME
    Project+
    CRISC

2019 To conquer: