Cissp-issmp

apr911apr911 Member Posts: 380 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey All,

Im considering going for the ISSMP next time the exam is available in my area but Im having difficulty finding study material for the exam.

I cant even find online practice tests. Anyone have any recommendations on what they used?

Thanks!
APR911
Currently Working On: Openstack
2020 Goals: AWS/Azure/GCP Certifications, F5 CSE Cloud, SCRUM, CISSP-ISSMP

Comments

• GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    apr911 wrote: »
    Hey All,

Im considering going for the ISSMP next time the exam is available in my area but Im having difficulty finding study material for the exam.

I cant even find online practice tests. Anyone have any recommendations on what they used?

Thanks!
    APR911

For some reason I thought an official book was due to be released this summer. Check the ISC2 website.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    A lot of the official guides for the specializations have repeatedly been pushed back.
  • lifecommlifecomm Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    OK, the (ISC)2 book is out:

ISBN: 9781420094435

Amazon.com: Official (ISC)2® Guide to the ISSMP® CBK® ((ISC)2 Press) (9781420094435): Harold F. Tipton: Books

~500 pages & $61

Does anyone here have ISSMP?
  • mrowtonmrowton Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The ISSMP book was delayed several times on Amazon. But... I just got mine delivered yesterday!
    mrowton wrote: »
    The ISSMP book was delayed several times on Amazon. But... I just got mine delivered yesterday!

mrowton, So what do you think - how difficult is the material? I see that you have achieved CISSP-ISSEP, how would you compare/contract that exam with the CISSP?
  • mrowtonmrowton Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    lifecomm,
    So what do you think - how difficult is the material?

The book is much smaller than I thought it would be, about 400 pages. I haven't started reading it yet, but it looks like a fair amount of the material overlaps with the CISSP, so I'm hoping I'll digest it easily.
    I see that you have achieved CISSP-ISSEP, how would you compare/contract that exam with the CISSP?

I longer introduction/review of the CISSP-ISSEP here. The key points I would emphasize is that its only really applicable to U.S. Gov employee's, and even more so to DoD employees.

I thought it was difficult because there isn't a lot of study material. I was a little surprised by some of the test questions (wasn't in the book). It also covers a lot of policy and regulations. So depending on when your study material was written, and when your version of the test was written, you may have studies the wrong version of some of policies. I had this problem with DOD's DITSCAP to DIACAP.

One of the four domains covers System Engineering. Mostly the IATF chapter 3. However, the IATF isn't maintained anymore so it isn't very applicable to the real world.

I also have a practice test here, there aren't a lot of other web resources.

Hope that helps.

Mitchell
    Mitchell,
    mrowton wrote: »
    The key points I would emphasize is that its only really applicable to U.S. Gov employee's, and even more so to DoD employees.

While I'm not a Govie, I am a contractor and have done DITSCAP/DIACAP stuff for five years. It sounds like this would be quite useful to my position. Thanks for your thoughts and help!