Comments

• pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    good job..

Take my core tommorow and my os on Fri

pandimus
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    good luck man..

one thing that threw me off gaurd was how basic the questions were.. everything i studied for was far more technical and threw me off a bit..

be sure to look over the obvious topics in your study material.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Nice job tokhss, congrats!

Although you probably won't need it: good luck tomorrow Pandimus!
  • lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    Taking my OS as well tomorrow.

Yes, I found the Q's (core anyway) to be rather basic as well. Just means you were well prepared. Congrats!
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
    Thanks I think I should do Ok.. If i can only remember to unplug the computer before installing My RAID 10 setup, With aftermarket RED round IDE cables...And My little lights that go round and round with the fan..

For some reason When ever I am upgrading my computer (I like to listen to my mp3's at the same time). I get shocked!!
    Red & yellow cables, custom window mod, purple cold cathode light kit overclocked and watercooled... but I did remember to unplug before did it.

Good to remember when you are replacing your pump and water spills on your motherboard.
    I put an acura NSX Rear end in my computer..

Took a little finagling, but I was able to squeeze my motherboard in under the hood. Dont worry we keep it closed to avoid overheating. We also put in 5 Raid 10 arrays.. My wife is pretty adimint about protecting the digital pictures of the Doggy. All 5 of them. We put one picture per array. (just kidding)

Is it a custom WC? or a kit? I would like to do it, Sounds like a freaking C130 in my computer room. Matter of fact, we have to strap the computers down, They start to get lift if we dont.

pandimus
    Custom jobbie. Went to Auto Zone and picked up a heatercore as a radiator. Tubing & adapters from Home Depot, pump from ebay, waterblock online. Did it just so I could say "I did it". Still needs fans (instead of cooling the processor, you push/pull air through the heatercore to cool the water. Those fans however are quite quieter.

Here's a pic.
    Looks good..

what did that run you?

If you pick up a bigger case, you should be able to mount it right were the two fans in the back go.. (radiator.)

What do you have running in it? Waterweter?
    thanks guyz.. next up.. MCSE 2003.. i have server2003 enterprise and have been messing with that since about a month ago.. all i gotta say is.. i love IIS6.0... even lets you run in II5.0 isolation for backwards compatibility..
    Yeah, the case is terribly small; I had to remove the internal drive bays to squeeze it all in (mmmm, power tools).

The picture is a couple months old. Now there is a pair of 80mm fans with a shroud mounted on the radiator. I had to change some tubing as well (note: get thick walled stuff so it doesnt kink or collapse impeding water flow). It cost about $125-- probably could've done it cheaper, but it was fun. The key to putting it all together is mounting the parts, cutting the tubing to fit, then taking the whole thing out so you can test it for leaks overnight-- then putting it all in.
    I passed today. I got an 848. I missed three questions.

I shoulda only missed two. There was a picture of something and it was awefully difficult to identify. So I had to guess..

tommorow.. OS

pandimus
    dude.. i kno wwhat you mean.. the quality in detail of their MOBO pic was horrible.. i had to guess between 2 answers.. horrible.. horrrible..
    My pet pomeranian has drawn better pictures.
    matter of fact, you could have drawn a picture of a house, and asked me to identify the pci slots and it would have been the same (just and example)
    yeah, but you know the AGP slot is closest to the CPU, and PCI slots are next to that... and if there are ISA they are furthest from the processor... I still don't see the difficulty. I was kinda hoping for one of those pictures so I could see for myself. DIMMs are almost always perpendicular to the expansion slots, and there are 2-4 of them.

Now if it were a top-down shot and it asked you where the USB header was.. well, I would have a problem with that.
    lazyart that was just an example.. I did not want to tell everyone an actual question on a test, and get reamed a new one by webmaster..

Trust me, when I say it was difficult.
    lol.. I'll take your word for it.
    you rock mr 100 senior member
    WTF... no way have i posted 100 messages already.