CISM book purchase

coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
Not sure if very many of you guys have bought he books from ISACA bookstore by I just tried purchasing the CISM review manual and realized that there are only offering the physical copy for purchase and no electronic copy. I have never made a purchase from their website before.

Do you guys know anything about it, to me it seems a bit odd that they are not offering the PDF version of book for sale since most of us do the reading on our laptops I believe.

Comments

• colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I am studying for the CISA exam in June. Don't get me started on ISACA. :/

I purchased the CISA review manual - $105 for a cheap spiral-bound, paper cover book. For the cost, physical-quality wise, a total ripoff. I also got the downloadable CISA Practice Question database for a smooth $185 - there is the option to purchase on a CD, for the same cost - but the shipping on the book was $10, and jumped to $29 for adding a CD to the shipment.

...so the point of all that was, given the way they price their materials, it is VERY unlikely that you would receive a digital copy of the book. (Unless they made one that expired, and you paid the same full price for the book.)

I will be glad to get this exam behind me and be done with ISACA.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    colemic wrote: »
    I am studying for the CISA exam in June. Don't get me started on ISACA. :/

I purchased the CISA review manual - $105 for a cheap spiral-bound, paper cover book. For the cost, physical-quality wise, a total ripoff. I also got the downloadable CISA Practice Question database for a smooth $185 - there is the option to purchase on a CD, for the same cost - but the shipping on the book was $10, and jumped to $29 for adding a CD to the shipment.

...so the point of all that was, given the way they price their materials, it is VERY unlikely that you would receive a digital copy of the book. (Unless they made one that expired, and you paid the same full price for the book.)

I will be glad to get this exam behind me and be done with ISACA.

I just got the email from them and for a certification body thier size and type it is surprising to know that they do not offer electronic copies of their books (at lease for CISM manual they don't). I am now planning to stick to an older manual because it is not feasible to wait for the physical copy to arrive. Good luck with your CISA.
  • contentproscontentpros Member Posts: 115 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah, I purchased my CISM study guide for the June 11th test. It took just shy of 2 weeks to arrive. As Colemic eluded when it shows up you will probably feel like "I paid how much for this"? There is a fair amount of material crammed into the book but if you ripped out the overview from each chapter you would probably get rid of 1/3 of the book but it is pretty much the only study materials out there. If you are not already an ISACA member it will save you a few bucks on the exam and book purchase.

You may want to check with your local ISACA chapter to see if they are offering a review course. I know here in Los Angeles our ISACA chapter has a 3 day review course (4/30, 5/07, 5/14) and the cost is $100 for members.

Good luck on your exam.

~CP
  • redmondredmond Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you are ISACA member, the Review Manual (2009) is available for free on the website. The material has not changed from 2009 to 2011.

Yeah, I purchased my CISM study guide for the June 11th test. It took just shy of 2 weeks to arrive. As Colemic eluded when it shows up you will probably feel like "I paid how much for this"? There is a fair amount of material crammed into the book but if you ripped out the overview from each chapter you would probably get rid of 1/3 of the book but it is pretty much the only study materials out there. If you are not already an ISACA member it will save you a few bucks on the exam and book purchase.

You may want to check with your local ISACA chapter to see if they are offering a review course. I know here in Los Angeles our ISACA chapter has a 3 day review course (4/30, 5/07, 5/14) and the cost is $100 for members.

Good luck on your exam.

~CP