SWITCH Exam Scheduled

DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
I finally scheduled my SWITCH exam for next Monday (4/25/2011).
I am to the point where I just don't want to study for this exam anymore. I let a whole year pass by since the CCNA due to work and a new house.

I have used the following:

CBT Nuggets
SWITCH Foundation Learning Guide
Labbed using Cisco 3550's and 6500's

I'm hoping the exam isn't a trivial as the blueprint suggests. It is encouraging to see more passes than fails lately. There seems to be less complaints about the exam being unfair as well.

Here are my goals for the rest of this year:

SWITCH - April 2011
ROUTE - July 2011
VACATION - July 2011
TSHOOT - August 2011
MPLS+BGP - October 2011
QOS - December 2011

Comments

• tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wish you good luck, your plan look great
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    I hear this is a biatch of a test so good luck
  • WillTech105WillTech105 Member Posts: 216
    Good luck DPG -- I will be soon taking the SWITCH exam myself!

Let's both get the same result: PASS! ;)
    In Progress: CCNP ROUTE
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Honestly, from all of the reading I've done regarding this exam (that I still need to take, lol), it seems most of the major issues have been fixed, or that people have just become more aware of them and know what to expect.

If you know the material and are a decent exam taker (can think reasonably and perhaps figure out Cisco's word games), I think you'll be just fine.

I've been putting this off for damn near 2 years now. With all the horror stories and me not having taken a professional level exam before, like you I'm just sick to death of studying for it.

Best of luck, though! Use your weekend to brush up on areas you might be deficient in and come back with an "I passed and it was cake" post.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It has been almost 1 year since I passed ICND2 (4/27/2010). Hopefully I will be saying the same about SWITCH next year before I take the CCIE Written. icon_thumright.gif
  • JaCkNiFeJaCkNiFe Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck tomorrow!
    Lab on!
    I passed! icon_thumright.gif

This was a tough exam. A few questions were tricky with the wording. I know I missed a few because I didn't re-read the question before answering and clicking next. I finished with about an hour to spare. There was a monster sim that was intimidating but I was able to implement, verify, and re-verify the requirements one-by-one in a decent amount of time.

I scored low (50%) on the Prepare for Advanced Services section. I think this is probably VOIP, QOS, and Wireless?
  • JaCkNiFeJaCkNiFe Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome! Congrats!
    Lab on!
    DPG wrote: »
    I passed!
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

I'm sure that liquid refreshments drunken_smilie.gif will taste extra good tonight icon_lol.gif
    For those of you with fresh CCNA's, I would recommend going for ROUTE first. This exam is a HUGE jump from what is covered on the CCNA as far as switching goes.

Now on to ROUTE. I can finally get rid of my huge stack of POE 3550's that I used for SWITCH.
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good going there!icon_cheers.gif:)
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

• Tommy2727Tommy2727 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I've re-scheduled and re-scheduled and i finally made It official. 4-30-11 10:00am.
    Wish me luck..
    Practice, Practice, and more Practice make Perfection.....
  • jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
  • geek4godgeek4god Member Posts: 187
    How many switches did you use in your lab?
    There was a particular practice lab that I did that was a huge help. It is on a popular site that is often discussed here.

I'm not sure if I can point out the exact lab. Would this be a violation of the NDA?

Mike?
    geek4god wrote: »
    How many switches did you use in your lab?

I used 5x 3550's for almost everything. I used a few 6500's to do GLBP and private VLAN's.

I think 2x 3550's and 2x 2950'swould be sufficient.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    There was a particular practice lab that I did that was a huge help. It is on a popular site that is often discussed here.

I'm not sure if I can point out the exact lab. Would this be a violation of the NDA?

Mike?

If its a practice lab that does not divulge any test specifics then it should not violate the NDA. If its being discussed here its probably OK.
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the PASS! icon_cheers.gif
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
    You can always PM a moderator and ask. But if it's anything Cisco Learning Network, posting the link is fine as long as you don't say anything like "I had this lab on my exam."
  • *BB**BB* Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    II think 2x 3550's and 2x 2950'swould be sufficient.

Congrats! And I concur as that's what I used. I also used my 2651XM's for GLBP and VRRP; 3550's for HSRP.
    Procrastinator extraordinaire