Microsoft Exams Price Increase July 1, 2011

JaggedJagged Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just got an e-mail from Microsoft. Exam prices go up on July 1st.

New Prices for Microsoft Certifications Exams

For the U.S. the new prices are $150 for the standard tests and $83 for student pricing.
Microsoft: MCSE 4, MCSE 2003 +Security, MSCA 2003 Messaging, MCITP:SA -- Cisco: CCNA
Novell: CNE 3-6, CLA, CLP, CLE -- Nortel: NCDS, NCSS -- CompTIA: Project+, Server+, Linux+, Security+

Courses Completed at WGU:
EWB2, BBC1, LAE1, WFV1, SSC1, CLC1, WDV1, MGC1, ORC1, INC1, IWC1
Courses Required BS - IT: NETW:
LAT1, LUT1, INT1, SST1, LET1, IWT1, BOV1, TWA1, CPW2
Classes Transferred:
BAC1, TEV1, TTV1, QLC1, QMC1, QLT1, TSV1, TPV1, TNV1, BRV1, ABV1, AHV1, AIV1, AJV1

Comments

• CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    I received an email about this today as well. I do not like it, but I can live with it.

I worry that this may cause more people to look into Brain **** as a resource.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It was going to happen eventually. I'm more motivated now to get my MCSA/MCSE certification track done or close to being completed before price increase. icon_cool.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Of course the price of (literally) everything has to go up..

Still I guess it isn't too bad, I mean CompTIA, CWNP are more expensive then that. 150 puts it on par with some Cisco tests now.

(Considering my employer pays for my education material/test this doesn't effect me in the least)
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    SteveO86 wrote: »
    Of course the price of (literally) everything has to go up..

Still I guess it isn't too bad, I mean CompTIA, CWNP are more expensive then that. 150 puts it on par with some Cisco tests now.

(Considering my employer pays for my education material/test this doesn't effect me in the least)

I agree it's still not bad compared to the CompTIA, Linux (Red Hat) exam costs. I'm hoping my next job will pay for my education/training or have reimbursement. :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • theitprotheitpro Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you obtain an Exam Pack voucher code on or after January 1, 2011, you have until June 30, 2011, to schedule and take your first exam. The remaining exams in any purchased Certification Pack must be taken by December 31, 2011.

Does that mean you have to pass that exam by June 30, 2011?
  • PovilasPovilas Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    theitpro wrote: »

No. It means you have to take it. You may fail or pass - it's your choice. Anyways 20% price increase is nothing.
    2013 to do list:
    [70-413] [70-414]
  • neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    theitpro wrote: »

My understanding is that Second Shots need to be done by June 30th also. Do you folks read it like that?
  • JaggedJagged Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My understanding is that Second Shots need to be done by June 30th also. Do you folks read it like that?

I thought the academic second shots were already set to expire then.

There could be a good chance they will bring back second shot for regular tests soon after the price increase. That would be a good way to get everyone used to the new prices.
    Microsoft: MCSE 4, MCSE 2003 +Security, MSCA 2003 Messaging, MCITP:SA -- Cisco: CCNA
    Novell: CNE 3-6, CLA, CLP, CLE -- Nortel: NCDS, NCSS -- CompTIA: Project+, Server+, Linux+, Security+

Courses Completed at WGU:
    EWB2, BBC1, LAE1, WFV1, SSC1, CLC1, WDV1, MGC1, ORC1, INC1, IWC1
    Courses Required BS - IT: NETW:
    LAT1, LUT1, INT1, SST1, LET1, IWT1, BOV1, TWA1, CPW2
    Classes Transferred:
    BAC1, TEV1, TTV1, QLC1, QMC1, QLT1, TSV1, TPV1, TNV1, BRV1, ABV1, AHV1, AIV1, AJV1