Cannot Access Internet on Server 2003

geeksquad09geeksquad09 Member Posts: 177
I went to the server room to get on the 03 server since Remote desktop wasn't working and as i attempt to get on the internet it prompts me for user I.D and password. then when i enter the correct credentials its prompts me again and again. Should i reboot and then try to connect to the internet or what should i do. Im kind of new to Ms server 2003icon_study.gif
Currently Studying for Network+, Server+, and Security+

The computer was born to solve problems that did not exist before

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Servers arent usually meant to go out to the internet, of course your proxy, WSUS and DNS servers are notable exceptions. Can you get to the internet from any of your servers? Have you tried pointing IE on your server to your proxy?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • geeksquad09geeksquad09 Member Posts: 177
    Essendon wrote: »
    Servers arent usually meant to go out to the internet, of course your proxy, WSUS and DNS servers are notable exceptions. Can you get to the internet from any of your servers? Have you tried pointing IE on your server to your proxy?

I was using the server to run filezilla, however the internet keeps asking for a username and password to connect . We are using a domain

• westwardwestward Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Did you check your TCP/IP settings?icon_cheers.gif
    westward wrote: »
    Did you check your TCP/IP settings?icon_cheers.gif

.......didnt think of that will do 1st thing in the morning. when i check them what do i look for or do i restore to default settings and continueicon_study.gif

checked the TCP/IP settings, Reset the server settings then configured everything back to companys specs as desired. thanks Guys:)