Finally a CCA. Xenapp on 2008 server (1y0-A05)

bar182bar182 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed just now with 75%, was my second attempt as the exam the first time wasn't at all what I was expecting!

Studied with a test lab I built at work, Did the XenApp course and used the Citrixxperience study guide and online practice exams.

Very pleased, LOTS of streaming questions and printing questions in this one.

Id recommend people know:

Port numbers for services etc
Different Secure Gateway/Access Gateway models
Database/Datastore questions
Know your policies inside out especially printing
Speedscreen

Any questions let me know :)
MCP | MCTS:Vista| CCA:XenApp5|
WIP > 70-291 for MCSA

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's nice to see more people with Citrix experience. You're a rare breed around here :D

Congratulations on the pass!
  • bar182bar182 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    It's nice to see more people with Citrix experience. You're a rare breed around here :D

Congratulations on the pass!

Thanks Dynamik!

Do you have any Citrix experience yourself? Definitely would be good to get a bit of traffic flowing through this forum :P

Currently our production farm is PS4.5 on Server 2003 but I am about to start a project to migrate our farm to XenApp 5 on 2008. All depending on application compatibility of course.

At the moment our environment is published desktops and I despise it, I really hope I can move solely to published apps, but we have a lot of applications that need to interact with each other. Wait and see I guess.
    WIP > 70-291 for MCSA
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    bar182 wrote: »
    Do you have any Citrix experience yourself? Definitely would be good to get a bit of traffic flowing through this forum :P

None whatsoever. It's basically just you, astorrs, stupidboy, etc.

That sounds interesting. Good luck with all that!
  • stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Definitely would be good to get a bit of traffic flowing through this forum :P

Congrats on the pass, it seems like a long time ago when I took the beta.

WOW someone else that actually uses Citrix products in anger, I am glad I am not the only one icon_lol.gif
  • bencairneybencairney Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, hope to do this one myself soon.
  • bar182bar182 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    stupidboy wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass, it seems like a long time ago when I took the beta.

WOW someone else that actually uses Citrix products in anger, I am glad I am not the only one icon_lol.gif

I wouldn't mind doing another Citrix cert, how difficult is the CCEE? I couldn't do the CCAA because you need to do another course.
    WIP > 70-291 for MCSA
  • bencairneybencairney Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't mind doing another Citrix cert, how difficult is the CCEE? I couldn't do the CCAA because you need to do another course.

I am thinking about this one too, but the big problem I have found is the lack of study materials for anything other than PS/XA. Without doing the official courses it quite difficult to find anything. That's what stopped me going for the CCEA mainly as I didn't have any password mgr experience.

Hopefully there will be some materials available for the CCEE, as it looks a really cool cert to study for.
  • StarkeStarke Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats first of all. I need to get this by the end of this year. I have heard that the XenApp 5.0 on Windows Server 2008 is heavily weighted on the 2008 features. Would you say that was the case?
    MCSA: Windows Server 2012 - MCITP (SA, EA, EMA) - CCA (XD4, XD5, XS5, XS6) - VCP 4
  • orissaorissa Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am very new to citrix world. Unable to pay 3000 for official Citrix XenApp training, so I hired a guy who is CITRIX architect engineer took 1500 and he is teaching excellent. I hope this new skill will land me a good job. I am planing to VMWARE certs as well. I see lots job requirement come as CITRIX and VMWARE.

Why here only few people in CITRIX forum? Citrix is very hot in the market now. And continuously growing job demand.
    Nothing is impossible in this IT world.
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've been doing a lot of Citrix in the new job. Have a few posts on the blog and I'm sitting the CXA-204-1I class now. We had to spend the money so it was kind of a last minute thing.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • lunchbox67lunchbox67 Member Posts: 132 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have been running Citrix for several years. But what I know is what I have needed to keep us up and running. I need to get the Certs now so any hints as to what to study for is appreciated.

I am gunna take the test soon. Doubt I am ready but I want to see what it's like. I have been studying with the Citrixxperience products.
  • ZaitsZaits Member Posts: 142
    lunchbox67 wrote: »
    I have been running Citrix for several years. But what I know is what I have needed to keep us up and running. I need to get the Certs now so any hints as to what to study for is appreciated.

I am gunna take the test soon. Doubt I am ready but I want to see what it's like. I have been studying with the Citrixxperience products.

I used Citrixxperience to study as well and it helped out immensely, but I still recommend reading the admin guides found on Citrix's website. The test really challenges you to know the nitty gritty details of the product.

Good Luck!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. Getting ready to take this myself.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.