Options

UCertify

themagiconethemagicone Member Posts: 674
How close is UCertify to the real deal? I read the Sybex book and now I'm working on UCertify. I'm getting 800+ on practice tests, think I'm ready? I only gave myself two weeks to pass this so hopefully I am. Thanks
Courses Completed at WGU: JIT2, LYT2, TFT2, SJT2, BFC2, TGT2, FXT2
Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
CU Done this term: 16 Total CU Done: 19
Currently working on: Nothing Graduation Goal: 5/2013

Comments

• Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    How close is UCertify to the real deal? I read the Sybex book and now I'm working on UCertify. I'm getting 800+ on practice tests, think I'm ready? I only gave myself two weeks to pass this so hopefully I am. Thanks

I found it helpful in passing this exam. The only thing I didn't care for was the really bad English. However, I was able to read past it and it was the only thing available on top of the Sybex guide that helped me out.

Keep in mind that I wasn't knocking uCertify out of the park. I figured (correctly) that the practice exam was harder than the real deal.
  • Options
    And here I thought I was seeing things with all the English errors... The only real thing I'm having hard with is EV, CV, SPI, etc and the formulas to figure them out. That and remembering the roles in different structures, weak, strong, etc.
    Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
  • Options
    SneakDoggSneakDogg Banned Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The Ucertify prepengine will tell you when you are ready to take the test. Go to the bottom and look at the test readiness report and objective readiness report. If you are less than 100% on any of the items, check the item and then click "retest wrong" until you get to 100%.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    And here I thought I was seeing things with all the English errors... The only real thing I'm having hard with is EV, CV, SPI, etc and the formulas to figure them out. That and remembering the roles in different structures, weak, strong, etc.

Find demonfurbie's flash cards (spread out all over Project+ forum) and/or go to the CompTIA objectives and download the definitions. That's what helped me out.

Matrix/Functional I have no doubt you will get right....you most likely had a functional structure in every job you've had. Just relate that to the jobs you've had and everything else will make sense. You will need to know the difference....I can promise that much.
  • Options
    Well I worked through all the tests in UCertify, the WGU version doesn't have the "ready to test" thingy though. Didn't score too bad, averaged around 700. Most of the question very wordy and didn't make sense. Hopefully like everyone said, UCertify is a lot harder than the real deal. I'm taking the test tomorrow so I'll let you know. Thanks everyone.
  • Options
    Passed today... 788. Woo! Test was easier than UCertify but it's no cakewalk. Good luck to everyone else!
  • Options
    anothergeekanothergeek Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I plan on taking this exam soon. Do you recommend Ucertify then?
    GCIH, CEH, CHFI, EDRP, Sec +, ITIL