CompTIA CASP ????

Psyco32Psyco32 Member Posts: 104 ■■■□□□□□□□
Anyone have more info on COMPTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) cert??? Was thinking about taking the Project+ when I clicked on their Career Pathways Road map and CASP showed up for IT Security.
2014 GOALS
> GMOB [MAR_2014] OSCP [MAY_2014] GREM [OCT_2014]

Comments

• powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    After reading about it, it actually looks pretty decent. However, considering that they are trying to imitate the CISSP, it is pretty easy to do when you just copy it and raise the ante a bit.

They are currently seeking SME's for June to do the final push before releasing the cert. It appears that the cert will target professionals with 10 yrs of experience. Also, I thought that it was interesting that they are covering OCSP in the PKI domain... something I am aware of, but have never seen it covered anywhere.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • rayzerrayzer Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CASP is not meant to imitate CISSP. In fact they may complement each other. CASP is much more technical, meant for the admin who has worked in security 'hands-on' for a number of years. There are few, if any, advanced level exams that remain so technical.

The exam is in beta now. The workshop in June is to review beta results. Possible release date sometime in August or September.
  • ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    rayzer wrote: »
    CASP is not meant to imitate CISSP. In fact they may complement each other. CASP is much more technical, meant for the admin who has worked in security 'hands-on' for a number of years. There are few, if any, advanced level exams that remain so technical.

The exam is in beta now. The workshop in June is to review beta results. Possible release date sometime in August or September.
    Are you affiliated with CompTIA?
    There are few, if any, advanced level exams that remain so technical.
    That's quite a statement... icon_rolleyes.gif
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • ephemericephemeric Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□

I have to disagree, the Red Hat Certificates of Expertise are all hardcore technical.
  • ephemericephemeric Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□

Sorry, and the OffSec stuff simply cannot be beat in terms of technical. I also spoke to MWR Security at this years Security Summit in ZA and they say CREST is brutal. But I suppose these are pentesting right? I would trust anyone's technical competency immediately upon seeing they come from a pentesting backround.