Options

Using RHCE study guides for RHCSA

orcsoulorcsoul Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
How much am I going to overlook from the RHCSA objectives if I'm using all the suggested RHCE study materials? Ultimately I will be getting my RHCE, but it appears as if they have mandated that RHCSA become a prerequisite for the RHCE cert.

Is a roughly 2 month time frame reasonable to achieve both certs for someone that has more than just a passing familiarity with the operation of a linux box minus the server admin portions?

Comments

• Options
    varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    Minus server admin options? Two months? Tough. It isn't only time that you'd count as experience with linux but also the level you use it on. Since you mentioned "minus server admin options" I'd put some serious lab time with those options.
  • Options
    jonenojoneno Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd say 12 months...linux is not microsoft windows.
  • Options
    xopitoxopito Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    orcsoul wrote: »
    How much am I going to overlook from the RHCSA objectives if I'm using all the suggested RHCE study materials? Ultimately I will be getting my RHCE, but it appears as if they have mandated that RHCSA become a prerequisite for the RHCE cert.

Is a roughly 2 month time frame reasonable to achieve both certs for someone that has more than just a passing familiarity with the operation of a linux box minus the server admin portions?

I took my RHCT with only 3 months of practice try just to learn the comands and BE SURE to complete some pre exams, I would suggest you buy the Red Hat® Certified Technician & Engineer (RHCT and RHCE) Training Guide and Administrator's Reference and the Hands-on Guide to the Red Hat(R) Exams: RHCSA™ and RHCE(R) Cert Guide and Lab Manual if you can handle to do both of the end of exam without problem then you should do well

Do the follwing thing:

1 Month

Study the RHCT book and after studying each chapter practice it

2 Month

Review withRHCSA™ and RHCE(R) Cert Guide and Lab Manual

3 Month

Practice everything and try to make some pre exam

and after that you should do good I will be taking RHCSA an RHCE again I took last year RHCT and in matter of 3 months I passed the exam without problem.