Options

Maintenance schedules for busniness

mickeycoronadomickeycoronado Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
Any tech guys out there that have experience in developing/implementing maintenance schedules for computers in a businiess small, medium, or large? I'm learning about maintenance in one of my classes and have to write a paper detailing what I would do in these situations. I'm not looking to copy and paste any of your answers, I'm just in the research/learning process and looking for experiences.

I'll probably end up developing something from the material in my book (which is the point I guess) but I always like to network with working professionals to get examples of real world experience.
"Are you suggesting that coconuts are migratory?!"

Comments

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    We use Track-It! at my job to keep up with the maintenance we do, such as computer defrags, blowouts, software inventory.

We blow the computers out, do defrags monthly. Depending on the company's size, you could just go with a spreadsheet to keep track of this stuff, too. Other tasks could include checking on printers, phones, Point of Sale terminals, and specialty devices.
  • Options
    mickeycoronadomickeycoronado Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply Psoasman, good stuff, always appreciated!
    "Are you suggesting that coconuts are migratory?!"
  • Options
    nimrod.sixty9nimrod.sixty9 Banned Posts: 125 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any tech guys out there that have experience in developing/implementing maintenance schedules for computers in a businiess small, medium, or large? I'm learning about maintenance in one of my classes and have to write a paper detailing what I would do in these situations. I'm not looking to copy and paste any of your answers, I'm just in the research/learning process and looking for experiences.

I'll probably end up developing something from the material in my book (which is the point I guess) but I always like to network with working professionals to get examples of real world experience.

Make sure WSUS is pushing updates on Tuesdays. Make sure all PC's are compliant with ePO (McAfee) on Thursdays (when our compliance report goes out to corp). Change out backup tapes on the 15th and 1st of every month (16 tape system). Ill ad more...