Regarding the Core books from the press blue/white?

I happen to see a cheap set of core books 45 bucks.. But they are the white ones, not the new ones that are blue.. Whats the difference?

Looks like 4 books and CD's I think
Pandimus
Xinxing is the hairy one.

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    The white ones are older than the blue. MS just decided to change the cover design of their books. $25 bucks is a very good offer, just make sure you get the errata from Microsoft.com. There should be an 120 day evaluation of Advanced Server in it and a CD with "Supplemental Study material". I never took the time to see what's on that one...
  • pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    errata?
    Webmaster wrote:
    The white ones are older than the blue. MS just decided to change the cover design of their books. $25 bucks is a very good offer, just make sure you get the errata from Microsoft.com. There should be an 120 day evaluation of Advanced Server in it and a CD with "Supplemental Study material". I never took the time to see what's on that one...

I have a copy of Server. and 2000 pro.. So I dont need that too much, but if they have good practice tests I can use those.

So the only difference is the cover. Then I guess I should get them.. Even though the blue cover is much nicer..

pandimus
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Yes errata, a list with errors and typos reported by users.

Try searching the microsoft knowledge base using the keywords: "errata core training kit 2000"
    Well that sucked, I just bought it for 45 bucks thinking I was getting a deal. Then I searched the knowledge base and found the isbn. Then I typed it into half.com.. There is one set there for 32.. icon_evil.gif