Options

A few CISSP questions!

rob1234rob1234 Banned Posts: 151
I have read from page 1-8 on this part of the forum but I have just a few questions to confirm some of the things I have read.

1.Can you be a CISSP associate more then once? If it expires after 6 years and you do not have the 5 years expereince can you become an associate again?

2. Security + counts as one years experience? so then I would only need 4 years work experience does any other certs do that instead of the security +?

3. The exam is on paper and not electronic all my exams in the past have been on a computer as this one is on paper do you just make a mark with a pencil and rub it out if you get it wrong? What happens if they cant work out which answer you ticked?

4. When do you register for the exam how long does it take to get a date? I am based in the UK is there usally a long gap between exam dates?

5. For experience in my current and past roles I have done things like create AD groups and control access to folders so that only certain users have access. Also I have been in charge of encrypting of our hard drives and usb sticks. Would these things count as experience that I can put towards the 5 years?

6. In the UK only Fireband is official course providers are non official ones still OK to use?

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    rob1234 wrote: »
    I have read from page 1-8 on this part of the forum but I have just a few questions to confirm some of the things I have read.

1.Can you be a CISSP associate more then once? If it expires after 6 years and you do not have the 5 years expereince can you become an associate again?

I see nothing that says you can't become an associate all over again.

2. Security + counts as one years experience? so then I would only need 4 years work experience does any other certs do that instead of the security +?

3. The exam is on paper and not electronic all my exams in the past have been on a computer as this one is on paper do you just make a mark with a pencil and rub it out if you get it wrong? What happens if they cant work out which answer you ticked?

4. When do you register for the exam how long does it take to get a date? I am based in the UK is there usally a long gap between exam dates?

5. For experience in my current and past roles I have done things like create AD groups and control access to folders so that only certain users have access. Also I have been in charge of encrypting of our hard drives and usb sticks. Would these things count as experience that I can put towards the 5 years?

6. In the UK only Fireband is official course providers are non official ones still OK to use?

Even with that said, I did not use a course provider. I used self-study, which was more than adequate.

Thanks in advance!!
    You're welcome.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    rob1234rob1234 Banned Posts: 151
    Thanks you almost answered them all icon_wink.gif

Question 1. You answered but I was hoping someone could comfirm you could.

Question 2. Your answered perfectly I can use my MCSA or MCITP

Question 3. Did'nt get that answer icon_sad.gif

Question 4. Answered icon_thumright.gif

Question 5. That does not tell me if the expereince I got will fit them roles.

Question 6. That does not tell me if the non offical ones are still OK to use.

Edit: Also tried to add to your reputation to say thank you but it wont let me!
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    rob1234 wrote: »
    Thanks you almost answered them all icon_wink.gif

You're welcome.
    Question 1. You answered but I was hoping someone could comfirm you could.

Sorry, would have to say ask ISC2. That would be the best suggestion here.
    Question 3. Did'nt get that answer icon_sad.gif

You can ask for a re-grade, if you feel your exam was scored wrong. Of course, you only know your score if you failed. If you pass, you only know that much. I was actually worried about this too, so I took care to try to mark my answers only once, and double-checked my bubble sheet ... would have been ticked to fail due to stray marks!
    Question 5. That does not tell me if the expereince I got will fit them roles.

It's kinda decided by your endorser, and/or ISC2, if they endorse you. Just make sure that it can survive their audit. You can submit questions to them. Since you said you were fine with the associate, not a big deal, is it?
    Question 6. That does not tell me if the non offical ones are still OK to use.

Hah, as in will it invalidate your certification? No, it won't invalidate your certification to train elsewhere. You invalidate your certification by doing stuff like cheating, or violating the code of ethics.
    Edit: Also tried to add to your reputation to say thank you but it wont let me!

It's OK. I appreciate the thought.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)