C.E.H. Exam?

TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
Can anyone tell me if there are any simulation questions in the C.E.H. exam? Or is it just basic questions?

Just curious icon_rolleyes.gif
If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!

Comments

• /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    By simulation, do you mean scenario questions, or what?

There were quite a few "identify this or that" questions, some of them being quite lengthy. It's not ALL definitions, if that's what you're asking.
  • TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    What I mean exactly is whether I have to know how to use all the tools and will I be tested on them?
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    You should know what all the tools do, certainly.

For the larger, more popular tools, you will need to know them in more detail. Meaning know what each switch does, how it works, etc. (nmap, for example)
    Thats ok then. I have got very good hands on experience with most tools but not all tools.

Thanks for your help :D
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Like /user said...you will have to know the tools well. You will not be using them in the exam, but you will have to recognize pictures, outputs, command lines...and so on...And most of the questions are not straight forward...they put you in a situation and you have to work from there. Hope this helps..
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
    Thanks for your help. It's an interesting area for myself. Any advice on what cert to take after this one if I pass?....I would be really interested in working in government work which runs along the lines of security.

:D
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    GBAGIRL wrote:
    I would be really interested in working in government work which runs along the lines of security.
    Make sure first that you are interested in working with government and DoD people. The people who flourish in government positions tend to be a humorless, bureaucratic, uncreative bunch that have rather limited and conservative viewpoints, and tend not to like other people who they believe are not "cut from the same cloth" as themselves. Their views and personalities make them "prime fodder" for Dilbert comic strip plots.

Look for any government job postings that reference the CEH. If you find any, then that's probably the type of department you want to apply to first.
    Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately I live in the UK and unsure of where to look as we are not as clued up as the States are on the security front. icon_cool.gif
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately I live in the UK and unsure of where to look as we are not as clued up as the States are on the security front.

GCHQ is a good place for that kind of thing (its in Cheltenam) been there a few times and its full of windows lickers!

You would need to be cleared (DV) or willing to undergo some serious vetting its not nice trust me!
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
    Thanks for the info on that site. Very interesting. Not sure about the whole idea of vetting, but I guess you have to go through it to be even considered.

Cheers :D:D