CCDA is it worth?

RistovskiRistovski Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just a simple question is CCDA worth specially after fresh CCNA? I am not interested in CCNA:Security nor in Wireless. Is it CCDA more administrative oriented then technical? And before CCNP maybe? Or the concepts in CCDA are just the way they are in CCNP so no time for waste?

Comments

• SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    CCDA typically ask for SWITCH knowledge. The CCDA does go over WLAN, Security, Voice/QoS, Design consideration. So you may want to supplicant some SWITCH material before jumping into this.. I tried getting into this after my CCNA but never really pursued it.. A few years later (and certs) I've come back this and I find the material much more easier to grasp. (this also depends on your exposure with Cisco)

Haven't taken the exam yet though.. Within the next week or two.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    from a knowledge stand point, yes you learn a lot of how to design and follow a concise protocol in how to go about preparing, planning, designing, implementing, operating, and optimizing a network. Its called PPDIOO icon_wink.gif I cant tell you how many times i have worked with techs and although they may know the configurations in R&S, mainly CCNA guys currently studying the CCNP path, make dumb mistakes of not following proper protocol or not knowing where or how to follow up on a project or task.

I definitely recommend it to all network engineers , i am currently studying for the CCDP. There is just so much valuable information! in no way do i even consider this test a "sales" test like some rumors tent to float around there. It is seriously all about network design , the network life cycle, and a lot of review on CCNP routing and switching. Which is why at least you should have a CCNP level of switching.

I tell you the design track couldn't have given me a better idea of "HOW" to use what i already know. Ok back to studying for the CCDP icon_study.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • RistovskiRistovski Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I see thanks for answers! But the exam is expiring as I previously saw so should I wait for the new one?
    You have the choice to take the 640-863 or the 640-864 both exams are there to take your choice. 864 is the new version of the test.
    My Networking blog
  • RistovskiRistovski Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    SteveO86 wrote: »
    You have the choice to take the 640-863 or the 640-864 both exams are there to take your choice. 864 is the new version of the test.

863 expiring on 20th April icon_twisted.gif
    DESGN
    Designing for Cisco Internetwork Solutions Exam
    Exam Number:
    640-863 CCDA (last day to test April 30, 2011)
    OR
    640-864 CCDA (available January 31, 2011)

30th of April, if you feel like you can then try and fit it in. If not just study for 640-864 and take it in a few months. 864 should be around for a year or year.. (I think the 863 was around for 2-3 years almost)
    My Networking blog
  • mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    Just found a great link that's got me suddenly fired up about adding the DP to my list of cisco certs:

15 Top Paying IT Certifications Canada

I like having four on the list already, and adding a fifth can't hurt... but the fact that the fifth happens to be #1 at the top of the list (namely, the DP) is nothing short of brilliant.

Oh, and granted, it's a Canadian list, but that suits me just fine (being from Toronto, after all). Time to see what INE has for the DP.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
    mikearama wrote: »
    Just found a great link that's got me suddenly fired up about adding the DP to my list of cisco certs:

I like having four on the list already, and adding a fifth can't hurt... but the fact that the fifth happens to be #1 at the top of the list (namely, the DP) is nothing short of brilliant.

Oh, and granted, it's a Canadian list, but that suits me just fine (being from Toronto, after all). Time to see what INE has for the DP.

As much I would love to believe in that list.. those numbers are pretty inflated.
    My Networking blog
    SteveO86 wrote: »
    As much I would love to believe in that list.. that numbers are pretty inflated.

hehehe... I hear that! It's from a training institution, so I'm not surprised.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

• NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    mikearama wrote: »

I actually showed it here at work. We were all laughing.

Those numbers are correct if you have 3-5 years experience. However, you wont get paid that much money if your just getting into networking or just started at NOC.
    I snagged the INE nuggets for the DA. I'm about half way through them... gotta say, they're great review. Routing protocols, MPLS & FR, CDP and ARP, security policies... he covers it all. Other than PPDIOO, I haven't learned a whole lot of new stuff, though.

I have to say, Anthony is good, but I don't think he's Jeremy's (from CBT) equal. He has a couple word whiskers that drive me nuts. None the less, he covers a lot of the topics in the blueprint, so it's all good.