Options

Isa server RDP problem

shanparamesshanparames Member Posts: 103 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi

In our domain environment, we have SBS 2003 standard R1 domain controller and ISA server 2004 loaded in separate windows server 2003 enterprise operating system in another pc .ISA server is configured with two ethernet cards one for external ( WAN) and one for internal (LAN).The ip addresses are 172.16.1.253 255.255.255.0 for WAN ethernet card and 192.168.0.2 for LAN ethernet card .ISA SERVER is configured as a member server in the domain 192.168.0.0 and all the clients in the domain are configured with ISA CLIENT SOFTWARE for accessing internet.
There is no problem in the existing network,it is functioning good without problems.My question is whenever I try to connect through RDP from internal network as domain administrator, I am not be able to login.I am getting the error message " The system cannot log you due to the following errror: THE RPC SERVER IS UNAVAILABLE "
Can anybody help me to solve this?

Thanks & Regards

S.Swaminathan
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Hi

In our domain environment, we have SBS 2003 standard R1 domain controller and ISA server 2004 loaded in separate windows server 2003 enterprise operating system in another pc .ISA server is configured with two ethernet cards one for external ( WAN) and one for internal (LAN).The ip addresses are 172.16.1.253 255.255.255.0 for WAN ethernet card and 192.168.0.2 for LAN ethernet card .ISA SERVER is configured as a member server in the domain 192.168.0.0 and all the clients in the domain are configured with ISA CLIENT SOFTWARE for accessing internet.
    There is no problem in the existing network,it is functioning good without problems.My question is whenever I try to connect through RDP from internal network as domain administrator, I am not be able to login.I am getting the error message " The system cannot log you due to the following errror: THE RPC SERVER IS UNAVAILABLE "
    Can anybody help me to solve this?

Thanks & Regards

S.Swaminathan

I remember a setting in ISA 2006, where you could specify your "management stations" and these stations would be allowed to logon remotely to your ISA server.

See about placing your workstation into the "management stations" group, if possible in ISA 2004.

Let me know if this works for you!

DISCLAIMER: I have no experience with ISA 2004!
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    shanparamesshanparames Member Posts: 103 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi

Thanks for all who gave the solutions.

Finally I sorted out by removing the DNS server address in the external interface ethernet card in ISA SERVER and pointed it to dns of the local dc,it started working

Thanks

S.Swaminathan
    Thanks