Options

Passed 70-693, Now MCITP:VA

ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
Passed it this morning with an 820. My goal is an 850, but I am happy with this score as I thought I was going to fail not long after I started the exam. I hit a patch of tough management questions that I either hadn't studied during prep for this exam or last studied when I took the SCVMM exam over a year ago. I thought those questions were kicking my ass, but management was my strongest section - what do I know?

The questions were all over the place in subject matter and difficulty. It's definitely passable but a tough one to study for as there is no clear difference in focus from the prerequisite MCTS exams. This is in contrast to tracks like Exchange where one test asks powershell syntax and the other wants you to know when to throw a hardware load balancer into the design. There is no MS Training Kit for this so stick with the Mastering Microsoft Virtualization book from Sybex. I read most of it last year when prepping for the 656/669 doubleheader, but I loaned it out and didn't have it to prepare for this exam.

That's my 32nd MS exam and 5th MCITP. I would like to move on to OCS/Lync next, but almost everything I have done in the last 18 months has revolved around Windows 7. I'm not getting the opportunity to work with UC right now, but I think that's about to change.

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! :D
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If Microsoft have some sort of honorary designation out there, you the man for it. Congratulations Claymoore!

EDIT: Have you considered being an MVP? I think you need to have a blog in addition to helping people on sites like these...
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Awesome, well done Claymoore! I'm guessing your transcript (based on the new changes) would require an entire rain forest if you decided to print it out :D
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    CChilderhoseCChilderhose Member Posts: 137
    Congrats.
    VCAP-DCA, VCP 55
    MCITP: EA, VA, SA
    VCAP-DCD, VCP6 -- COMING SOON
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Congratulations.

Thanks for posting which book you prepared with, also.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new MCITP!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Essendon wrote: »
    If Microsoft have some sort of honorary designation out there, you the man for it. Congratulations Claymoore!

EDIT: Have you considered being an MVP? I think you need to have a blog in addition to helping people on sites like these...

I've been out of touch for a couple of weeks while I took a vacation and changed jobs, and while I was catching up on some blogs I came across this post on Born to Learn:
    Seriously--Microsoft Certificationist! - Born to Learn - Born To Learn - Born to Learn

I would qualify for it, as would many other TE members.

Being an MVP hasn't interested me as I have no idea what's in it for me. The MVP program wasn't supported at my old company because it was percieved as being political and a popularity contest with no real benefit to the company. The new company has a higher opinion of the program, but I'm still not sure what's in it for me. Maybe it counts towards industry involvement, speaking or publishing criteria that are evaluated for higher-level consulting positions here. Otherwise I'm just not sure the benefit is worth the time commitment.
  • Options
    schraepfschraepf Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'll be sure to send that Mastering Microsoft Virtualization book back ASAP, just realized I never followed through! Shoot me an email if you get a chance.
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Claymoore wrote: »
    I've been out of touch for a couple of weeks while I took a vacation and changed jobs, and while I was catching up on some blogs I came across this post on Born to Learn:
    Seriously--Microsoft Certificationist! - Born to Learn - Born To Learn - Born to Learn

I guess that would be incentive for me to finally undertake the Exchange and SA exams.

Oh and congrats on the pass too!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    schraepf wrote: »
    I'll be sure to send that Mastering Microsoft Virtualization book back ASAP, just realized I never followed through! Shoot me an email if you get a chance.

Keep it, just take the tests already! Thankfully that was one less book I had to move. After having to move my wife's library, the children's books she has been collecting for years, and my tech library, I will only buy Kindle books from now on. Sure, the movers did most of the heavy lifting, but we still had to pack them, shuffle them around in the houses, and unpack them.