Options

Waiting on CISSP Exam Results - thoughts

2»

Comments

• Options
    famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    JDMurray wrote: »
    With the (ISC)2, you can also submit CPEs for things that aren't directly related to the ten domains, such as taking a class in an pre-approved subject are, like project management. These are known as Group B CPEs.

Maintaining Your Credentials In Good Standing

Yep...which makes maintaining CPE's even easier for (ISC)2 certs. IMO...it's one of the easiest CPE's out there. I also like it because it kind of encourages an all-around skill set for it's members.
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)
  • Options
    cl22602cl22602 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I sat for the CISSP the exam yesterday, and don't know all about this whole CISSP thing. The CISSP in my view is over rated. The exam itself was not all that hard. I'm not saying I passed. Every question had two answers which were totally wrong, and two that were possible. You ended up picking the best answer out of two questions.

I took this test because the local job market demands the CISSP.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    cl22602 wrote: »
    I sat for the CISSP the exam yesterday, and don't know all about this whole CISSP thing. The CISSP in my view is over rated. The exam itself was not all that hard. I'm not saying I passed. Every question had two answers which were totally wrong, and two that were possible. You ended up picking the best answer out of two questions.
    You are correct that the pattern, "Two obviously wrong options, and two options that are essentially correct, but one is more correct than the other" is commonly used, as it is on many certification exams.

But realize that any exam is perceived as easy or difficult based not only on how much the exam candidate knows about the subject matter, but also how much the candidate fails to properly read the exam items and chooses what appears to be an obviously correct answer, but is actually an incorrect distractor. (Math exams are typically the biggest abusers of this pattern.) The obvious option is not always the correct option.

If you thought the CISSP exam was easy, and you pass on your first try, then maybe you know more about general InfoSec than you realize. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    luisbeeluisbee Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Took the exam on the 30th Oct. 2010 in South Africa after travelling all the way from Zimbabwe. After 33days, i received the dreaded news that i had failed (with a score of 696.00points...so close ...icon_sad.gif). I wasn't that much distressed though coz i went into the exam without reading the Telecomms and Cryptography domains (was overwhelmed with the amount of information in the AIO Book by Shon Harris). I came out of the exam and told my friend that if i was gonna fail, it was becoz of the 2 domains and truely speaking, my lowest scores were in Telecomms.
    I then gathered up myself to take the exam again on the 21st of May 2011 (the day sme1 had predicted that the world was gonna end...icon_lol.gif). Prior to my leaving, we had a 2week intense after i took leave 4m work.. (it was intense indeed i tell u....icon_study.gif) with 3 other guys from Zim. On the 21st of May i went into the 6hr labour of the exam and to my surprise, i wrote the exam again....
    After 27days, the email from ISC2 came and informed me that i had PASSED.....:D....so certification is imminent and ready to clog recruitment agencies around the world with my resumes....wish u luck in ur wait...

CISM, CISA, BSc(Hons) Information Systems
    Certs Achieved: CISA / CISM / CISSP / ISO 27001 Lead Auditor / CRISC
    Currently Studying: ISSAP / Python

"Be silly. Be fun. Be different. Be crazy. Be you, because life is too short to be anything but happy." - Anon
  • Options
    Congratulations on passing the CISSP exam! icon_cheers.gif

You already have the CISM and CISA and don't have good employment? That's a bit shocking. Here's hoping the CISSP can do something more for you.
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Congratulations on passing the CISSP exam! icon_cheers.gif

You already have the CISM and CISA and don't have good employment? That's a bit shocking. Here's hoping the CISSP can do something more for you.

Well I don't think Zimbabwe will have a plethora of opportunities... ;)

Luisbee, congrats on the pass and best wishes in your job hunt.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    colemic wrote: »
    Well I don't think Zimbabwe will have a plethora of opportunities... ;)
    So were did he get the InfoSec work experience for the CISA and CISM? icon_scratch.gif
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    My guess is that he is simply looking for a much better opportunity than he will find locally.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    luisbeeluisbee Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm currently in the Big 4 and into IT Risk Management, IT Security and IT Audit as my speciality. My CISM experience was prior to my joining the BIG 4.

Thanx for the wishes....but i'm looking beyond Zim for opportunities now.
    Certs Achieved: CISA / CISM / CISSP / ISO 27001 Lead Auditor / CRISC
    Currently Studying: ISSAP / Python

"Be silly. Be fun. Be different. Be crazy. Be you, because life is too short to be anything but happy." - Anon