Book for CCIE study

auosauos Member Posts: 186
Hi,
Did the (CCIE Routing and Switching Exam Certification Guide, by Wendell Odom) are good for CCIE write exam, I read the first 4 chapters and I did not get any extra information that I got from my CCNP study.

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The R&S Written blueprint matched up pretty with the old CCNP exams, so if you took the old CCNP exams (BSCI, BCMSN, ONT, ISCW) and went above and beyond the minimum requirements (like reading Doyle's Routing TCP/IP and all the suggested links in the books) then the Certification Guide should just be mostly review.

Check all the chapters and take each "Do I Know This Already?" Quiz to get a better idea of the topics where you may need additional study. If you do well on the quiz for a chapter, then you can consider skipping it (but think about that $300 or $350 exam fee and decide if maybe it is worth reading, or at least paging through, as insurance :D).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • auosauos Member Posts: 186
    mikej412 wrote: »
    (but think about that $300 or $350 exam fee and decide if maybe it is worth reading, or at least paging through, as insurance :D).

Sure I will do that :), tnx.
  • millworxmillworx Member Posts: 290
    I think CCIE R&S from Odom is pretty good. A lot of the stuff about routing protocols isn't new from a NP standpoint. But there are a few things that are delved into deeper. Like BGP Regex, QOS, Multicast and ZBFW, and MPLS VPN.

Additional reading I like Internet Routing Architectures and MPLS and VPN Architectures.

For me though, I find it much easier to read the config docs on Cisco for the related subjects.
    Currently Reading:
    CCIE: Network Security Principals and Practices
    CCIE: Routing and Switching Exam Certification Guide