failed 70-298

captaingeekcaptaingeek Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Was testing at a prometric center. Towards the end of the test the machine gave an error and dropped outta the test. They rebooted and a half hour later the had me back on the machine... WHOA only 3:00 minutes left gotta finish this testlet! OK... there we go just a couple of questions left and i'll review my answers. Dopped out again termination error of some sort. Went back out in the lobby and waiting waiting waiting again after being there for about 3.5 hours. icon_twisted.gif

print out comes out... failed. WTH? I dont even know if I got the whole test or what! I didn't count how many testlets I took.

Called MS and complained. They said I should hear somthing in 4-6 weeks. icon_thumright.gif (NOT)

Testing room's HVAC was busted too and it was packed with people that must have been testing on how to speed type! The whole time I had a loud typer right behind me very distracted!!!

icon_sad.gif

Anyway glad to find tyhis resource and other's that are still working on the MCSE. This is the last one I need and I've been studying it for about 1 year on and off.

I have a bit of trouble with speed reading comprehesion and the time limits. I've been reading the whole case study then answering the questions. I see others are just reading the questions then going back to read the study. Will try that next time.

I also have a tough time with:
  • AGUDLP and nesting groups between nt/200/2003 and accross forest.
  • Webdav and other auth methods
  • When to use cyphere.exe

Comments

• PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I would definitely complain about this exam. You should get a free retake.
    Be careful about posting questions from the exam, though. It violates the NDA.
  • captaingeekcaptaingeek Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Psoasman wrote: »
    I would definitely complain about this exam. You should get a free retake.
    Be careful about posting questions from the exam, though. It violates the NDA.

Wasn't really posting a quote from the test. but I edited my post to be safe.
  • captaingeekcaptaingeek Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any notes on auditing?

I noticed on my machine that if I enable auditing on a file, it audits the the security log. But I haven't enabled audit object access in the local securtiy policy? I thought that was required? What about in a domain? I suppose you can audit on a local machine but if you want to audit a domain you have to set "audit object access" but where? At the domain, site or OU level? icon_rolleyes.gif

Also whats the deal with security templates applying to OU's? I'm seeing conflicting questions in my studies that say that you can only apply security settings at the domain level and other questions telling you to apply a security template to an OU? icon_redface.gif