Options

2011 Certification

mr2nutmr2nut Member Posts: 269
Hi guys,

As some may remember, I was an active member here when doing my MCSE 2003 (cheers again for the help!). I've been out of the certification loop for a while now as work is so damn busy, the last thing I want to do when I get home is read books and do anything else with computers. I've got good experience with SBS and Standard 2008 platforms as I'm a lead engineer taking care of migrations etc.

I was wondering if it would be possible to jump the 2008 certification with a transition to the 2011 track when available? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    mr2nut wrote: »
    Hi guys,

As some may remember, I was an active member here when doing my MCSE 2003 (cheers again for the help!). I've been out of the certification loop for a while now as work is so damn busy, the last thing I want to do when I get home is read books and do anything else with computers. I've got good experience with SBS and Standard 2008 platforms as I'm a lead engineer taking care of migrations etc.

I was wondering if it would be possible to jump the 2008 certification with a transition to the 2011 track when available? Thanks.

I don't think that there is going to be a 2011 track. Plus, Microsoft has been pretty consistent with upgrades, I am pretty sure that you will need to upgrade to 2008 first, if you want to upgrade to the next version; otherwise, you will have to start the next version from the beginning.

In my opinion, the 2008 exams were extremely easy compared to 2000 and 2003. To be honest, I think that a great many of the questions could be answered correctly without 2008 specific knowledge. Kind of disappointing if you ask me.

If you have the experience, I think you could get by without pouring a lot of time into studying. Get some books and focus on the beginning chapters as they are usually summaries. Then, do the quizzes and see what areas you need to focus. Definitely learn about the new features of Active Directory and also Remote Desktop.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro