CIW v5 Foundations (1D0-510) scheduled

Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
Taking it this Sunday at 2pm. Not leaving myself much study time, but after taking two weeks off from WGU to get my MCDST I have to get moving quickly.
Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark

Comments

• down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Good luck. The exam is pretty straight forward with no surprises. I'm sure you will ace this exam
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226
    If you have your MCDST the exam shouldn't be much of a challenge. My studying for this exam consisted of reading the book cover to cover the night before and again right before I took the test.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    A+, Network+, Sec+ will carry you on this exam. The only thing you MIGHT need is HTML, and even that should not kill you.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I hate reading online for study materials. So the only thing I'm studying is the mcmcse site, the preplogic study guide, and then WGU sent me Exam Master and two tests for Measure Up

I don't have any worries about passing, just not sure I'll blow it out the water like I should... a pass is a pass, but if I had my druthers I'd pass with flying colors
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    I don't have any worries about passing, just not sure I'll blow it out the water like I should... a pass is a pass, but if I had my druthers I'd pass with flying colors

---- that ---- and just pass and call it a day; you are worrying for nothing.
  • EruMaisEruMais Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    Taking it this Sunday at 2pm. Not leaving myself much study time, but after taking two weeks off from WGU to get my MCDST I have to get moving quickly.

Hey Mike, how is the Mega Guide helping your studying? I don't have any certs currently. I've been going through the material provided by WGU through CIW, reading the pdfs/taking the quizzes, and most of it is familiar to me already. Does the Mega Guide nail down just what is needed to pass the test? I'm wanting to move on to A+, Network+, Sec+, etc... and just want to get this one out of the way. I figured I'd ask before I paid the $$ for the book.
    well, I passed with a 78%... you only need 63% to pass, which seems absurdly low...

I'm not crazy about my 78%, but considering the amount of time I spent on it, it's not too bad..

the score break down goes:

Internet Business Associate 86%
    Site Development Associate 63%
    Network Technology Associate 88%

so obviously my prior skills carried me through the weaker area of HTML..

EruMais ~ if I had no certs at all yet, and CIW was going to be my first... I would buy the book and read it cover to cover, it was like $30 on Amazon.. CIW covers a wide amount of info, it touches on stuff from A+, Net+, Sec+ and more...

I think being your first cert, and WGU is going to have you get the CompTIA trinity, might as well learn all of this now, and then the CompTIA courses will all just build off it..

I used the study guide from mcmcse.com and the practice test there, I used the MegaGuide from PrepLogic, and WGU sent me CramMaster to download, and 2 tests from Measure Up online.

I tried to use the study material from WGU, but really did not care for it. Now the HTML videos from one of the learning resources were pretty good to watch, but I didn't care for the one with all the .pdf's.
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
    Dude, you passed. I think I got around the same percentage as you did and that was with no studying (hardly) and having a head cold taking the thing (I do remember that one, as I wanted to hang out with a buddy of mine, but ended up going home.)

If you have the CompTIA trinity prior to taking this exam, it is pretty much expected that a pass for this will happen.

Congratulations though. :)
    thanks, now it's back to non cert classes, boooooo
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark