Nervous

ITLady81ITLady81 Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Taking Server+ exam on Monday... I took the Security+ exam in Dec and passed with a 848. I was so confindent when My company said they would pay for a cert I wanted to get the best bang for the buck, that back fired. I took the MCITP-SA Boot Camp 2 months ago and Failed all 3 test. I'm hoping since I passed one Comptia exam maybe I will be able to pass another. Any advice would be grateful. Wish me luck.

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yea, I'm sure you'll be able to pass another comptia exam. Did you have any more study time besides the 2months bootcamp for the MCITP-SA??

Good luck on the exam!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You'd definitely need more than just a bootcamp to pass an MCTS exam. Did you do any labwork of your own and do you have experience working with servers?

You'll do just fine on another comptia. Good luck.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • ITLady81ITLady81 Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the great wishes. For the MCTS exams I just did the 6 days of Bootcamp, I know that was not enough.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck on exam!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
    Thanks for the great wishes. I passed with a score of 795
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! icon_cheers.gif
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Passing feels good, doesn't it?
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    ITLady81 wrote: »
    Thanks for the great wishes. For the MCTS exams I just did the 6 days of Bootcamp, I know that was not enough.

Bootcamps are money sinks.

They are helpful for folks with a good deal of experience who need a quick review, but they are expensive ways to 'learn' new material.

You'll need experience before you take the exams again to ensure you understand the questions rather than simply knowing which 'answer' to select.

Take your time and learn the material.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Heny '06Heny '06 Member Posts: 107
    ITLady, what did you use in your studies that help you pass?
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
    Henry '06, I used Exam Force Cram Master

Thanks Colemic