Passed 72-271

DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
I used the dreakspark code to take the 271 this morning and passed with an 966/1000. Next up is the 272 either next week or the week after, and then back to the MCSE.

I used CBT Nuggets (which I already paid the subscription for) borrowed the 70-271 self-paced training kit, and used the 10 freeTranscender practice questions (which I got 9/10 on). So I didn't pay a dime for this test.

I was a little nervous about an exam on Friday the 13th, but it worked out pretty well.
Decide what to be and go be it.

Comments

• Cthu1huCthu1hu Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well done!! Compared to MCSE level it's a lot easier.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well done!! Compared to MCSE level it's a lot easier.

Very true. I actually expected it to be easier than it was. Part of my problem is that I'm a perfectionist. I had about 10 questions that I had to leave feedback on because I didn't feel that any of the questions were the correct approach and I wanted to explain why I picked the one that I did and why I believed it to be more correct than the others.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    congrats dude!
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
    Thanks!

For those who have taken it, would you say the 271 or 272 was harder?
  • Cthu1huCthu1hu Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For me I say the 271 was harder. The 272 was easier than I expected.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Armor149Armor149 Member Posts: 115 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Nice score btw.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    Congrats yo... I actually found 272 to be harder than 271..

fantastic score
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Armor149Armor149 Member Posts: 115 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    I actually found 272 to be harder than 271..

Same here.
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    Congrats yo... I actually found 272 to be harder than 271..

fantastic score

Thanks. I've heard some people go both ways, but I've been expecting the 272 to be harder. Configuring some applications that I have either never used or haven't used in years could prove to be a challenge.
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Thanks. I've heard some people go both ways, but I've been expecting the 272 to be harder. Configuring some applications that I have either never used or haven't used in years could prove to be a challenge.
    this worries me as well.. ugh
    have you started studying yet?
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
    this worries me as well.. ugh
    have you started studying yet?

I watched the first cbt last night.
    I watched the first cbt last night.

I'm going through the office portion right now, and it is starting to fear me that this is going to turn into my MOS certification except question based rather than performace based. They could come up with hundreds of little issues where certain buttons are missing or settings turned off. I'm hoping this isn't the case as some of the options menus are an elaborate maze.
    I'm going through the office portion right now, and it is starting to fear me that this is going to turn into my MOS certification except question based rather than performace based. They could come up with hundreds of little issues where certain buttons are missing or settings turned off. I'm hoping this isn't the case as some of the options menus are an elaborate maze.

and 6-7 years old!
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree