Options

Cssa

jblake1986jblake1986 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
So do I see that the elearning on sonicwall's site is all I need to go through for the certification? Also it seems like there are multiple tests such as Network Security Essentials and advanced networking. Do I need to do anything other than the e learning and then take the test? I have been told by my employer that this cert will get me a promotion and I have no experience with sonic wall.
ICND1 Test Apr 23

Comments

• Options
    jblake1986jblake1986 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Also it says online certification, does that mean it is not like a prometric test, but something I purchase on the site and take then?
    ICND1 Test Apr 23
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You can do the stand alone test, any of them will get you a CSSA. From my understanding it is an online test that you take, but I haven't done it myself. Where I work is a Sonicwall partner so we actually do the training classes for it. I do know if you sign up for the training class they send you a firewall to use for study. From what i've read of the concepts though, if you can get a CCNA, this test will be a breeze. The GUI is pretty intuitive and only takes a little bit to get the hang of.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'd like to take the test but it is pretty expensive for a very unpopular exam. Sonicwall gear seems to be popular with the SMB crowd (currently working on a nsa 3500 as we speak).
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I'd like to take the test but it is pretty expensive for a very unpopular exam. Sonicwall gear seems to be popular with the SMB crowd (currently working on a nsa 3500 as we speak).

You got that right. I work for an MSP who also happens to be a silver level partner to Sonicwall. That's the only reason that i'm going to end up taking the test, it's not going to come out of my pocket. I don't consider it wasted time though, I spend a good portion of my day dealing with these things in one way or another so it'll help to reinforce my knowledge a bit.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.