Passed QoS!

gbadmangbadman Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
I finally passed the QoS exam today, at the second attempt.:) That was a mighty relief. It was a big psychological hump on the road to the CCIP. Now onto Route.
Study materials I used:

CBTNuggets (QoS and ONT)
QoS Exam Cert Guide
Qos Quick Reference Sheet

The videos are a good intro to the concepts. It certainly makes you able to get through the book quicker.
[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties

-[/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]Harry Truman[/FONT]

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    Nice one, congratulations - you're the first person I've noticed doing the CCIP before the NP - is it more relevant to your work, or just a preference?
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • gbadmangbadman Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Chris_ wrote: »
    Nice one, congratulations - you're the first person I've noticed doing the CCIP before the NP - is it more relevant to your work, or just a preference?

I could say I'm doing it simply because I'm a natural contrarian (it's also a bit unusual to do QoS first). lol. I am somewhat.icon_wink.gif
    But the real reason is that I do work for an SP. I thought I'd go after the QoS first because I consider it the easiest of the four exams and so is a good way to get into the swing of things. Qos is also more prominent in the work I'm doing right now than the routing protocols.

I certainly recommend doing the CCIP this way, especially if like me, you enjoy heavily conceptual topics. QoS is rather more abstract than the others, and also smaller, in my opinion. It's a better way to build momentum that diving into an exam that could take you far longer to tame, at the end of which you're a bit jaded.
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties

-[/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]Harry Truman[/FONT]
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Congrats :D
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good going!icon_cheers.gificon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

• StackInPassiveStackInPassive Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratz! Good luck for the rest :)