E2K10 Training

I am calling out the TE experts for some assistance. My employer will be sending us to E2K10 training. We are currently running a single E2K7 server but the plan is to upgrade to 2010 most likely in Q3 and implement high availability and other features.

This is what I've been looking at:

- Course 10165A: Updating Your Skills from Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 or Exchange Server 2007 to Exchange Server 2010
- Course 10233A: Designing and Deploying Messaging Solutions with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- Course 10135A: Configuring, Managing and Troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange Server 2010

I haven't been able to find any training providers for 10165A. The other two seems to be widely available locally in Chicago.

Another option I found is the Training Camp all-inclusive 7 day package. This option is particularly interesting for us as it is offsite, exhaustive (for lack of a better word) and provides for taking 70-662 and 70-663 right there. Certification is not the main objective from my employer's perspective but it is very important for me.

My questions for the group are:

1. If given a choice and based on the requirements above, would you go for 10135A or 10233A? How are those 2 courses different?
2. Has anyone taken an Exchange bootcamp with Training Camp recently?

Given that I'm not paying for this I really like the Training Camp option but I've seen mixed reviews out there. Thanks in advance for your comments.

Comments

• powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I used Training Camp for my CISSP and I would have to say that the experience is excellent. Exhaustive is another good word. I honestly had to take a break and veg out on the fourth day. I don't know if that is simply the CISSP, or their training in general. Anyhow, the format was definitely good.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Fugazi1000Fugazi1000 Member Posts: 145
    Having just spent the last 5 days on the M10233A course - I have mixed views! The course did NOT cover SP1 yet the exam (70-663) has been updated to include SP1 items. Having said that, I have just passed the exam and didn't get any questions that I thought were specific to SP1.

I hadn't done the M10135A course - just been using the MS Press Self-study. Almost everyone else on my course today had already attended 'Configuring/Managing'. The understand the main difference in focus is that design course (233) is more theory with occasional labs to stop people falling asleep!

I would ensure that SP1 is covered on the specific course you do - or wait until it is. I haven't touched Exchange since 2003 so I was (A) rusty and (B) unaware of how EX2007 works. The updating course might be the happy medium for you.
  • pespi_manpespi_man Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just went to the Course 10135A last week, it was pretty good and i did learn alot about 2010. We are using 2003sp2 currently so this was good prep for the project to install the new server's and roles.

Mine also didnt have any Exchange 2010SP1 and was also 5 days. Which did seem wasnt enough time to discuss topics and we felt pressured to finish the labs pretty quick without any real learning benefits. But overall it was worth it.

If your starting off, the 10135A is good start and my instructor was awesome.I also got a free exam voucher for the 70-662 exam :)