Options

Passed on Saturday

soooowutnowsoooowutnow Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
I got an 827. I was really sweating it while the screens were loading. Some of the subject matter was not in Darril's book.

I really like the security subject matter. Here is a question for you guys. I have an associates degree in Computer Networking, do I need the N+?

I already have A+ and now S+.

I am thinking MCSA is next, then CCNA, then MSCE.
2018 Achievements:
Cloud Essentials SME
Project+
CRISC

2019 To conquer:
Maybe CGEIT? I don't know - help!

Comments

• Options
    JinuyrJinuyr Member Posts: 251 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've seen a number of Associate programs include IT certifications as a part of their curriculum so it probably doesn't hurt to take it if you're still at the level where that certification would be helpful. If you've been in the industry for a while now, then maybe something more challenging or specialized to what you are doing or would like to do.

Based on my experiences doing IT for the hospitality industry, the degree lets you in the door while the certification lets you further your career once you're in it. Mind you every exprience will be different and your situation may be different as well, but in the cities I have worked at most people didn't care about the certifications until after I was hired.

Me for example, I'm taking the Security+ because security as a whole has been a really big thing in our organization, and our company entrusts every level of IT to play a certain role in managing a certain aspect of their user's and server security. Mind you this is also for separation of duties and to help keep everyone well rounded.
  • Options
    JinuyrJinuyr Member Posts: 251 ■■□□□□□□□□
    By the way, what areas were not covered by Darril's book? I'm curious to know soo I can brush up on it before my test in a few days.
  • Options
    DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    ThxlbxThxlbx Member Posts: 105
    Congrats on the Pass!
    WGU B.S.IT - Security
    Currently Enrolled:
    LET1, INC1, INT1
    Courses Completed:
    EWB2, TEV1, TTV1, CLC1, TSV1,WFV1,ORC1
    Courses Transferred:
    BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LVT1, QLC1, SSC1, SST1, QMC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1
    Courses needed:

BGV1, AKV1, GTT1, MGC1, WDV1, TPV1, GUT1, ABV1, TWA1, CPW4, BLV1
  • Options
    soooowutnowsoooowutnow Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Jinuyr wrote: »
    By the way, what areas were not covered by Darril's book? I'm curious to know soo I can brush up on it before my test in a few days.

Well for one thing there was like 3 questions on XSS (cross site scripting) and I don't remember anything like that in the book. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

I can remember major points in the book that were not covered in the test, but that was most likely luck of the draw.

I don't think I violated anything here regarding the agreement, but if i did please let me know and I will edit it.
    2018 Achievements:
    Cloud Essentials SME
    Project+
    CRISC

2019 To conquer:
    Maybe CGEIT? I don't know - help!