Options

Is The A+ More For Home Of Office

poszeoneposzeone Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
ok i was wondering is the CompTIA more for the home knowledge or more for the office world ? i ask because the type of things io study seem bent towards the home user.

Comments

• Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    The A+ is meant for general hardware and operating system knowledge. It's designed to get you set up for understanding the nuts and bolts behind how computers work.

Also, it's helpful for getting a job. Many entry-level positions ask that you have COMPTIA A+.

So, I guess it's more for office usage. But, if you find ways to use that knowledge at home, then more power to you!

I work with guys running VLANs at home to divide their traffic.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    instant000 wrote: »
    The A+ is meant for general hardware and operating system knowledge. It's designed to get you set up for understanding the nuts and bolts behind how computers work.

Also, it's helpful for getting a job. Many entry-level positions ask that you have COMPTIA A+.

I agree it helps you get started in your IT career.
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63